Author Topic: How can I make a Main Variation turn a MultiPad On or Off automatically?  (Read 3131 times)

HalUnlimited

Hi Friends,

1. Can you tell me how to program the MultiPad control buttons to turn off automatically as I switch from one main variation to another variation. For example I play main variation A for a couple of bars, then manually push MultiPad control buttons 1 and 2 on to continue playing another two bars with both main variation A and MultiPad on. But then when I switch main variation from A to B I want the MultiPad controls to turn off automatically as main variation B begins. I am playing fast so I don’t want to have to manually push the MultiPad control buttons off during a fast segment for certain songs.
2. On a similar note, is there a way to program Multi-Pads to enter a song/main variation in the On position within a custom style main variation? Currently, when I have a MultiPad programed to a style variation, the style always comes on in the off position, requiring me to turn the multipad On when I want it already On to begin with.

Thanks much.  Hal
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 12:11:08 AM by HalUnlimited »

Offline Joe H

It can be done using registrations only.  Read my article on Multi Pads and download the files which include demo registrations and a Pad Stopper file.  The link to my article is in my signature below... click on it and it will take you to the article.

Joe H
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 10:47:48 AM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

The following users thanked this post: MarcusAhlback

HalUnlimited

Joe, thank you very much for the direction.  You put a lot of thought and work into your article and it is very helpful.  In an ideal world, it would be cool if you could just go directly to the registration memory save screen, and have the option to save different permutations of style variation with specific multi-pads in the turn-on or turn-off position. Thank you for your work-around solution.  Hal

Offline MarcusAhlback

Thanks Joe, I'll try that.
Kind regards Marcus
Yamaha PSR-S770
Casio PX5-s

Offline Joe H

Marcus,

It's a bit of work to set the registrations, but once it's done it works really great.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html