Author Topic: Selecting a function on PSR E363  (Read 4064 times)

Offline vbdx66

Selecting a function on PSR E363
« on: May 11, 2018, 06:14:41 PM »
Hello everybody,

In contrary to the PSR E4xx series, the PSR E363 doesn’t have a dedicated knob to scroll across the voices, styles and functions.

Nonetheless, the functions have numbers. What I’d like to know is whether it is possible to select a particular function by typing its number instead of having to scroll across the whole list of functions.

Unfortunately, the user guide of the E363 doesn’t give a clue about this so I am hoping that someone on this forum who has the E363 will know the answer to this question.

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Vinciane.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 06:16:25 PM by vbdx66 »
Past keyboards: PSR E313, PSR E413, PSR E433, PSR S550, DGX 640, upright piano.
Now: DGX 650, Casio CT-X800.

SeaGtGruff

Re: Selecting a function on PSR E363
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 07:56:23 PM »
I doubt that you can jump to a specific function by entering the function number, because when you enter a numeric value on the number pad the keyboard should perceive it as a value being entered for whichever function is displayed-- for instance, if you're on the Dual Voice function then entering a number should be interpreted as the voice number you want to select as the Dual Voice.

As far as I know, the only way to jump to specific functions in the function menu on the PSR-E models is to either press, or press and hold, a button that goes to a specific function. For example, pressing the Dual button will toggle the Dual Voice on or off, whereas pressing and holding the Dual button will take you directly to the Dual Voice function so you can select the voice that you want to use as the Dual Voice. There are only a handful of functions that can be durectly accessed this way, but you could go to whichever one is closest to the function you want to change, then go forward or backward until you reach the desired function.

Offline vbdx66

Re: Selecting a function on PSR E363
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 08:28:38 PM »
Thanks for your input Michael.  :)

This is a serious drawback for a keyboard which is otherwise a good value for money, with its 48 voices of polyphony and its Audio USB capability. I hope Yamaha will add this feature to the PSR E373 or whatever name the successor will have next year. It’s probably just two lines of code to burn in the logical chip and it can’t add much to the cost of the keyboard.

I like your idea of going directly to the closest function in the list through the few functions which have direct access. Also, it is good that it is at least possible to scroll through the list in both directions (up and down). I wonder why The functions have numbers, though, given that they are not directly accessible. One more Yamaha mystery.  8)

Best Regards,

Vinciane
Past keyboards: PSR E313, PSR E413, PSR E433, PSR S550, DGX 640, upright piano.
Now: DGX 650, Casio CT-X800.