Author Topic: Cheap second-hand Genos for sale in France  (Read 7012 times)

Offline vbdx66

Cheap second-hand Genos for sale in France
« on: May 10, 2018, 10:54:25 PM »
Hello everybody,

I just stumbled on this while looking for a lower-end keyboard, thought it might interest somebody if you are in France or in a neighbouring country:

https://www.paruvendu.fr/annonces/sports-loisirs/tyros-yamaha-genos-chateaubourg-35220/1226218472A1KBSLIM000

This Genos is for sale at 2200 € and is apparently in good condition.

Best Regards,

Vinciane.
Past keyboards: PSR E313, PSR E413, PSR E433, PSR S550, DGX 640, upright piano.
Now: DGX 650, Casio CT-X800.

Offline Al Ram

Re: Cheap second-hand Genos for sale in France
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 02:22:20 AM »
wow. Excellent price.

It must be relatively new.

thanks
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

The following users thanked this post: Charlie Love

Offline mikf

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 03:41:31 AM »
Caution - sounds too good to be true
Mike

Offline Chris79

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 04:10:15 AM »
It's a scam.

I asked to try it and the person replied that only sending was possible.  :-\

regards. Chris from France.

Bachus

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 04:17:57 AM »
It's a scam.

I asked to try it and the person replied that only sending was possible.  :-\

regards. Chris from France.

Its either a scam, or a stolen unit..
Can’t imagine any sane person selling a Genos at that price

Offline vbdx66

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 05:38:25 AM »
Hi,

I sent a message myself asking whether it is possible to try it and I’ll tell you what the person answers,

It might be a scam but I can imagine multiple reasons for a person selling honestly a Genos or something else at such a low price: the owner is deceased and his or her spouse urgently needs some money, the person has to leave the countey suddenly and needs some quick cash... you never know what life will bring you.

Last week on another French website there was a PSR s670 for sale for € 250, which is also a ridiculous price, I wanted to buy it and asked for some photographs which the vendor did not sent, he sold the keyboard to another user of this forum, apparently the vendor did not sent photographs because the keyboard was already packed and he did not want to unpack it to take pictures!  :o

Best Regards,

Vinciane
Past keyboards: PSR E313, PSR E413, PSR E433, PSR S550, DGX 640, upright piano.
Now: DGX 650, Casio CT-X800.

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2018, 06:21:24 AM »
It might be a scam but I can imagine multiple reasons for a person selling honestly a Genos or something else at such a low price: the owner is deceased and his or her spouse urgently needs some money, the person has to leave the country suddenly and needs some quick cash... you never know what life will bring you.

Re: the bold print - I can see that. In our small town, people often put items at the curb that are no longer needed. One older lady had just lost her husband, and he was quite a hi-fi buff. There was no family in which to pass things along. She put two excellent condition, Celestion speakers at the curb. A friend of mine picked them up and even knocked at the door to make sure she wanted to part with them. He even offered her a few hundred dollars - cheap, considering the price of these speakers at the time was about $2,000 a pair. He still has them, and they sound amazing!! The moral: people often don't know the value of the goods they are parting with.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline mikf

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2018, 11:41:06 AM »
Yes, sometimes these throwaways without knowledge or caring happen, but they are rare. And I dont think people who don't know what they are doing or value make this kind of web post with quality pics. And this keyboard is so recent that its hard to believe the person selling doesn't know what was paid for it, or tried to get the dealer to take it back at this kind of price so I say again, be cautious.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2018, 03:08:45 PM »
It's an auction, as I see, not a "Buy It Now" offer... So it is a starting price, who offer much more is the buyer...
Even so, it is a small starting price :D

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2018, 04:57:35 AM »
Hi,
..... I can imagine multiple reasons for a person selling honestly a Genos or something else at such a low price: the owner is deceased and his or her spouse urgently needs some money, the person has to leave the countey suddenly and needs some quick cash... you never know what life will bring you.

Last week on another French website there was a PSR s670 for sale for € 250, which is also a ridiculous price, I wanted to buy it and asked for some photographs which the vendor did not sent, he sold the keyboard to another user of this forum, apparently the vendor did not sent photographs because the keyboard was already packed and he did not want to unpack it to take pictures!  :o

Best Regards,

Vinciane

Chère Vinciane,

Chapeau !  It is refreshing to read your postings !  Réflections réfléchies , reflections instead of objections.  There is a story about a man in Helsinki reading an ad  "barely driven Mercedes  SL Convertible  10.000.- ".  He immediately rushed to the posh address and bought the car as all documents were OK.  After registering it in his name, which posed no problems, he could not resist calling the good looking lady who had sold him the car. "The car is perfect, why on Earth did you sell it so dirt cheap ?"  The elegant lady laughed.  "My husband stated in his will the car should be sold and the money handed to a certain Miss Jääskeläinen." 

Whether the story is true or picked up from Readers Digest  I do not know. :)

En Vous remerciant  je Vous prie d'agréer, chère Madame, l'expression de mes sentiments distingués.   (the way I finished my letters 70 years ago.)

Kaarlo

Offline Chris79

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2018, 04:03:45 PM »
Hello,

The answer of "Paru vendu" :

Hello,

We thank you for your reporting and your vigilance.
The account romaric21@gmail.com, after verification, has been blocked and will no longer be able to contact one of our advertisers.

this closes the debate.

Best regards.

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2018, 09:54:02 PM »

Hello,

The answer of "Paru vendu" :

Hello,

We thank you for your reporting and your vigilance.
The account romaric21@gmail.com, after verification, has been blocked and will no longer be able to contact one of our advertisers.

this closes the debate.

Best regards.

Hello Cris,
It does not really matter as the whole story of someone committing the unheard of crime to sell our beloved Genos for less than we believe it is worth is only relevant to those  in France who wanted to buy it and in the end could not. No big deal unless you are in love with what is being offered cheap and feel offended. ;D

I only write this to undertand
Who or what is Paru Vendu ?
Who thanks whom for what ?
Who has verified what ?
What was the reason for blocking ?
Who are the advertisers that can no more be contacted ?
Was the case not closed the very moment the product was no more available or the attempted fraud abandoned ?

Having studied commercial law I know in Finland and most EU countries if you buy something dirt cheap and it turns out to be stolen you run a great risk of having to return the stolen item to its owner without compensation because you knew or should have understood it was stolen.  Whether the price was cheap enough to fulfill that criteria I am not sure.

There seems to be a lot on this site I am not able to comprehend. :( :( :( :( :(

Cheers

Offline mikf

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2018, 01:31:16 AM »
Kaarlo
You seem to be missing the point here, nothing to do with price, it was almost certainly a scam, which is why the website has blocked the advertiser.