Author Topic: Registration of new members  (Read 19690 times)

Offline Joe W

Registration of new members
« on: January 05, 2007, 09:54:21 PM »
Visitors can view some, but not all, of the postings on this site.  To gain additional access, one must register with the site.  In the registration process, you must provide your email address.  A note will be sent to you AT THAT EMAIL ADDRESS to verify that

1) the email address is valid, and
 2) you really do want to register with this site. 

You must click on a link in that note to activate your account.  If you do not click on that link, your account will not be activated.  The moderators can view the registrations still awaiting activation.  Periodically, a reminder note may be sent to you if you have not yet activated your account.  If you do not activate that account within a month or so, your pending account will be deleted.  This is done to eliminate all the bogus accounts that people use to get access to forums simply to send advertisements or other unwanted spam.  Posting of such material is prohibited on this site and any account that does such posting will be permanently BANNED from this site.

Registered members can post questions and respond to other postings.  You will see as the number of your postings increase, your site privileges will also increase. Registered members will also be able to download posted attachments.  Visitors can neither see nor download these attachments.  This also means that if you are registered, you should LOG ON when you visit the site rather than just browse in a visitor status.

You will find a lot of friendly and helpful people visit this site and we welcome new members every day.  This is one large, congenial family of PSR enthusiasts. We are here to help each other figure out the complexities of these wonderful Yamaha keyboards and no question is too simple to put forward.  However, inappropriate postings are resented by many in this family and are reported to the moderators almost immediately.  These postings are deleted and, as mentioned above, if warranted, the poster is banned from the site to prevent any additional postings.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 07:15:55 AM by Joe W »
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

Offline James Woodcock

Re: Registration of new members
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 05:54:18 AM »
Joe would be a good idea to install the new SMF 1.1.1. as it has image verification before accepting the registration which has eliminated 99% of the problems on YPKO.
My Yamaha Related News / Articles | My 'CD' of original music: Anticipation

Offline Ernie

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 07:33:42 AM »
A very good idea from James ...

We have an image verification also on our Dutch forum.
It prevents us in a proper way.

Regards
Ernie

Offline James Woodcock

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 07:42:15 AM »
Did you realise this thread is quite a few years old Ernie :)

Although I appreciate the recognition he he

Offline Ernie

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 09:40:39 AM »
Oh oh ... I did not look at the date of this thread James  :-[
Feel like a dump@ss now  :D

Regards
Ernie

Offline FrankB

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 11:18:58 AM »
Ernie my Friend,

Your still on the leading edge of being senior, but we all have our moments.

http://www.cartoonstock.com/directory/s/senior_moments.asp

FrankB

Offline Ernie

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 01:10:11 PM »
Thanks my friend

I got the point  :D

Best regards
Ernie

Offline Rod

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 04:48:01 AM »
Hello, not sure if this is the right place ... I have a permanent 'Login' but when I visit the site I click on the 'Login' button, thinking that each visit will have logged out when I close the site. Is that right? My query is that when I click on 'Login' every time a box pops up that my password is incorrect.It isn't - I've re-written it correctly a dozen times, but when I log in - there it is again! I simply write it in again in the 'Incorrect notification' and I'm logged in normally. Should I not log in at every session?

Stay well

Rod

Offline Bill Grosse

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 07:23:42 AM »
Rod,

You only need to Log In to post a message or to download any attachments.

Incidentally, the log in process does the same to me every time too.
Your browser is at fault because it has memorized an incorrect password and as
far as I know you have to delete all browser passwords to get of one.
Hardly seems like a very good browser does it?  ;)

Bill G
I wasn't going to do anything today - so far, I'm on schedule, :)

Offline James Woodcock

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 07:33:56 AM »
Also handy to be logged in though to view which are unread topics and new replies etc :)

Offline Rod

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 06:19:11 AM »
Hello Bill and James, thanks for answering! It gets funnier - this time, instead of using the 'Login' box at the top right, which invariably tells me the password is incorrect, I clicked on the little tiny blue 'login' button immediately above the topic bar - and it worked perfectly! But as you say Bill, there's no way I could have posted this without the 'login' bit, as there's no 'reply' button until you've logged in!

As an aside, why are the little blue buttons so little? Guys like me can hardly see the button, let alone what's written on it! Would it be an insurmountable technical problem to make them, say, half as big again as they are?

Stay well

Rod

Offline Bill Grosse

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2013, 07:12:49 AM »
Rod,

Tiny and little - you are so funny - at my age every thing is getting tinier and littler - especially the fine print.  :D :D :D :D :D

Bill G

Barry 2000

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2015, 11:10:16 AM »
How do I log out of the forum?

Offline Bill Grosse

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2015, 11:19:00 AM »
Top of page at right end of Blue buttons.  :o

Barry 2000

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2015, 11:26:51 AM »
My last blue button is "Print""

Offline Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2015, 11:29:25 AM »
View/Log in to  the forum through this URL    http://www.psrtutorial.com/forumIframe.html
you will then see the button Bill mentioned.

Regards
Matrix  :)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 11:30:31 AM by Matrix »

Nik_2213

Sorted: Registration of new members
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2015, 08:32:03 PM »
Many thanks to Joe for sorting out my registration.

Somewhere between Chrome, my paranoid Norton's, Thunderbird's oft-cranky spam filter and a dying NAS, my registration link repeatedly went missing or was corrupted.

Now resolved & registered...

Nik