Author Topic: s975 mp3 audio playback  (Read 5825 times)

pigasos15

s975 mp3 audio playback
« on: April 26, 2018, 06:24:32 AM »
Im a total newbie and I have a question (sorry if its silly )
The psr s775 suppose to have the ability to play mp3 files as audio playback.
I put like ten mp3s into my usb stick but on the screen of my psr only a couple appear. They play just fine. But why cant I see the rest of the mp3 files!?
I have no clue! Any help?

Offline Fred Smith

Re: s975 mp3 audio playback
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 07:01:37 AM »
Im a total newbie and I have a question (sorry if its silly )
The psr s775 suppose to have the ability to play mp3 files as audio playback.
I put like ten mp3s into my usb stick but on the screen of my psr only a couple appear. They play just fine. But why cant I see the rest of the mp3 files!?
I have no clue! Any help?

You just need to check out the specs of your keyboard here: https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-s975/specs.html

Wav and MP3 files need to be a specific format:
wav (WAV format: 44.1 kHz sample rate, 16 bit resolution, stereo), .mp3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3: 44.1/48.0 kHz sample rate, 64-320 kbps and variable bit rate, mono/streo)
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 07:05:11 AM »
A common cause of files not being listed by the selection screen on Yamaha arrangers, even if the screen is the correct one for that file type, is the length of the filename.

The maximum length that is displayed is 50 characters, and folders can be 50 characters long, but in the case of files this includes the final four characters for the file extension e.g. '.sty' or  in your case '.mp3' !   If the total length is more than 50 characters then the keyboard won't display just the first 50 characters, it won't display the file or folder at all!

So you should check the files on a computer to determine the length of their filenames, and shorten them if necessary.

Files that are the wrong specification usually only generate an error message if you select one to load.  They usually are still listed for selection if the name is not too long.

Regards

Ian

pigasos15

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 10:18:16 PM »
A common cause of files not being listed by the selection screen on Yamaha arrangers, even if the screen is the correct one for that file type, is the length of the filename.

The maximum length that is displayed is 50 characters, and folders can be 50 characters long, but in the case of files this includes the final four characters for the file extension e.g. '.sty' or  in your case '.mp3' !   If the total length is more than 50 characters then the keyboard won't display just the first 50 characters, it won't display the file or folder at all!

So you should check the files on a computer to determine the length of their filenames, and shorten them if necessary.

Files that are the wrong specification usually only generate an error message if you select one to load.  They usually are still listed for selection if the name is not too long.

Regards

Ian

You are right! Saved me!  ;D
Thank you! I renamed the files and they play all fine!!
Thank you very  much!