Author Topic: Cubase and Genos  (Read 4658 times)

Offline Depo1964

Cubase and Genos
« on: May 07, 2018, 11:36:31 PM »
Is there anything in Cubase 9.5 that makes the interface between it and the Genos more user friendly?
..... or should I wait and hope that Cubase 10 will have a closer interface?   I am currently on Cubase 9.

Offline ugawoga

Re: Cubase and Genos
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 07:27:28 AM »
Hi
It is very user friendly .
You just have to study  and go through a few videos to get the hang of it
There Is a Cubase sound database to be loaded Into cubase which is on the Yamaha site.
You have to be patient with any Daw you have just started to use.
I came from the defunct Cakewalk Sonar Platinum to Cubase, only to find out Bandlab have given It away free. There has to be a catch somewhere there.
I am now staying with Cubase as It is rock solid and really easy to get around once you know the Jargon.

All the best
john :)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline Depo1964

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 07:57:09 AM »
hi John,
Thx for the reply.

I've been downloading, as many as i can find Genos related items, from the  usa.yamaha.com website
but I don't seem to have one called a Cubase sound database.  Is it referenced by a different name?

Could you possibly give me the link to that item?

In regards  to my question, what you are saying is that this Cubase sound database is an additional item to be loaded into Cubase 9.5, is that correct?

Just to clear up... I've been using Cubas since 1991 when I used Cubase III on an Atari 1040 STE while living in Germany.

Thx,
ciao,  Dan

Offline XeeniX

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 08:22:21 AM »
Was this wat you were looking for? (attachment is the Cubase patch list for Genos)

regards,
Peter

[attachment deleted by admin]

The following users thanked this post: Depo1964

Offline Kokoriz

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 08:28:10 AM »
I am using Cubase 9.5 and few weeks back recorded some genos song as midi on the genos than transfer the file through flash drive to the computer but when I played the song back on Cubase it sounded like it was playing back on a 1980s Casio keyboard! I think I have to load genos script into Cubase first but I can't figure it out how to do that yet. But Cubase interface is very easy to deal with than I would say sonar or studio one at least for me.

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 05:54:38 AM »
 Kokoriz, I've recorded songs on the Genos (and Tyros 5) and imported them to Cubase 8 Artist with no issues. The exact voice is played back with all its effects. For serious recording, I record everything "dry" on the Genos and use the DAW effects instead.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Depo1964

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2018, 07:47:46 AM »
Was this wat you were looking for? (attachment is the Cubase patch list for Genos)

regards,
Peter
That's probably what John meant.
Thx Peter.  :)

Offline Kokoriz

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2018, 09:32:04 AM »
Kokoriz, I've recorded songs on the Genos (and Tyros 5) and imported them to Cubase 8 Artist with no issues. The exact voice is played back with all its effects. For serious recording, I record everything "dry" on the Genos and use the DAW effects instead.

I mean when recorded as audio it sounds amazing but what I was saying is only when I transfer a recorded midi song on genos to Cubase then mine sounds bad. I think I need to load the genos script into Cubase first but am still trying to figure that out on how to do it. Thank you.

Offline jbd59

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2018, 04:26:05 PM »
Hi to all , does the super articulations  are recorded as midi data in Cubase  for Tyros 5 too !
Thanks for answers
Bernard

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2018, 11:27:18 PM »
Hi

Thats right , I did mean patch list which you can find at the Yamaha site.
I forgot the name  at the time..
With Cubase , make sure all your ins and outs are right.
All should be there Bernard as Cubase records all SYS EX messages which all those nuances and articulations are in there.I think that's right.
I do not know what all those hexadecimal numbers mean though ;D

All the best
John :)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 11:31:26 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline jbd59

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2018, 05:20:52 AM »
Hello John for your reply , i'll try that as soon as i get CUBASE , for now i work with studio one and ther's no patch for the T5 , thank's again
see you !
Bernard