Author Topic: Sheet music at an angle  (Read 2248 times)

Bachus

Sheet music at an angle
« on: June 20, 2020, 04:40:38 PM »
When placing my Genos above another keyboard
I prefer to have it at a slight angle,
This makes it easier on the hands..

However, my music sheet stand (standard Genos) fails to cooperate..
Its a static position and even at a slight angle, my sheet music starts falling forward on my keys..

Did anyone find a solution for this using the Genos sheet music stand..
(I realize i can use a stand alone music stand, but they all look bad compared to the one that comes with Genos)

Any advise is welcome..
Been struggling with this for quite some time..

Bachus

Re: Sheet music at an angle
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 12:42:22 PM »
Looks like either

Nobody has a solution
Or
Nobody else has this problem?

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2020, 02:46:59 PM »
You could clip your sheet music to the stand, which is what I used to do when I played outdoors (now I have all my sheet music on an iPad — so much more convenient.)

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline mikf

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2020, 03:23:13 PM »
I agree that it’s best to angle the top keyboard, not just for hand comfort, but because it makes it much easier to see and adjust the buttons and controls screen. But as you say, it does render the music stand useless.
You could consider something like the Stagg music stand which clamps to the keyboard stand on an adjustable arm and can be set at the right angle.
Mike

Bachus

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2020, 06:12:49 PM »
You could clip your sheet music to the stand, which is what I used to do when I played outdoors (now I have all my sheet music on an iPad — so much more convenient.)

Cheers,
Fred

Not an option for me, but thanks for the advice, its apreciated.

Bachus

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2020, 06:15:18 PM »
I agree that it’s best to angle the top keyboard, not just for hand comfort, but because it makes it much easier to see and adjust the buttons and controls screen. But as you say, it does render the music stand useless.
You could consider something like the Stagg music stand which clamps to the keyboard stand on an adjustable arm and can be set at the right angle.
Mike

Thats what i been doing for a long time..
I have a k&m stand, to which i can attach a sheet music holder..
But to be honest, it looks like **** compared to the orriginal sheet music stand of the Genos,...  And its kind of small..

Offline mikf

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2020, 07:21:54 PM »
Yes, the Genos perspex music stand looks slick. Maybe there is some way to combine the     two, or simply butcher the adjustable clamp on stand to incorporate a better looking perspex backing plate. I doubt you are just going to be able to buy the ideal ready made solution.
Mike