Tyros Keyboards (5 Boards) > Tyros 5 (SFF2)

Thinking about going from S770 to Tyros 5

(1/2) > >>

DerekA:
I'm a home player.

With so many people moving on to Genos, there are some bargains to be had on used Tyros 5. So I'm seriously tempted to trade my S770 - which I am very fond of - up to a Tyros. I do love the Genos but it's more than double the price and I'm not sure I can justify that..

I'm sure at some point someone posted a file comparing voices and styles across the PSR / Tyros lines. It would be useful to be able to see which - if any - voices are on S770 but not on T5. If anyone has a copy of that file could they repost it please? (I know I can look through the data list but I'm being lazy!)

frajag:
I don't have a comparison of the voices but you can be sure it will be a big step up. I did that a few months ago. I sold my 950 to a musician whose PSR 2000 died and bought a Tyros 5 which had just been traded in on a Genos. It was used at home and was in perfect condition. I paid $2300 CAN (=$1790 US) for the T5 and TRS-MS01 amplifier and speakers including taxes. I think I did well considering the original price and condition. I am enjoying it immensely.

Doghouse Riley:
There's some bargains to be had.
I sold my twenty year old  PSR1000 and stand on e-Bay (using floppy discs on which to record was a bit antiquated) and bought a Tyros 5 with the speakers from  a music store chain on e-Bay.  This was three weeks ago. It came with free postage. (The purchaser of my PSR 1000 had to pay £46 for the carriage when I sent it to them).
The Tyros was advertised as second-hand, but there wasn't a mark on it. It's immaculate as are the speakers.  Not only that,  I found it had never been registered with Yamaha as having been sold.
Because they'd used a generic photo of one  in one of their their showrooms without declaring such, as the photo showed it on a stand, I made them give me a stand with it.
It would appear that even some retailers aren't aware of the eBay rules.

I thought £1600, with the speakers, a stand, free postage and a two year guarantee, a fair price,  I'm well pleased with it. I've given them a "five star rating."
I would imagine there's a few "demo" Tyros 5s around in showrooms now which they want to clear.

DerekA:
Thanks for the replies.

I found the list I was after, originally posted by Voodoo (Uli)

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php?topic=40823.0

ed mc:
10 months ago I went from a S950 to a Tyros 5. The S950 was great but the Tyros 5 is so much better with more styles and voices and an overall better sound. I am stlll finding more of the features of the Tyros 5 and am very happy to have made the change.

Regards,

Ed

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version