Author Topic: Name Just One Or Two Things That Made You Buy A Genos  (Read 62776 times)

Offline Pianoman

Name Just One Or Two Things That Made You Buy A Genos
« on: May 01, 2018, 10:06:56 PM »
Hello Everyone.

I know that the Genos has numerous qualities, but there is always that one single thing
that makes one reach for his/her wallet or purse.

When I first heard the T3, what blew me away was the Saxophones, especially the Growl Sax,
more than the SA Jazz Sax and Breathy Sax.

Having been a Saxophonist and playing Sax in bands till I was 32, that clinched the deal for me.

The second thing was the styles, as I had become bored with the styles on my previous keyboard,
a Roland G-800 that I had owned since 1998.

My request is:

Name only 1 or 2 things that made you buy a Genos.

Best Regards.
Abby.

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Name Just One Or Two Things That Made You Buy A Genos
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 10:16:35 PM »
1. Its light weight.
2. I made a decision and don’t have to fret about it any more.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline pjd

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 11:07:06 PM »
1. Quality and expressiveness of the "acoustic" instrument emulations/articulations (SA2) especially woodwinds.
2. FSX keyboard and knobs/sliders for control.

Hope this helps -- pj

Offline metcam

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 01:01:22 AM »
Mono-Legato
Drum editor
1.8 gb .expansion  memory
10 register memory buttons.

Regards.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 01:02:36 AM by metcam »
Curent Instruments:  PSR A-5000
Previus instruments:SX-900,GENOS,PSR-A3000,PSR9000,Tyros2,Tyros3,TYROS5,psr2000,psr2100,psr1500,psr530,psr OR700,DX7,DX11,V50,DX21.
KORG:pa800,KORG PA-900,Triton Extreme,Triton rack,.KORG X3,Roland G600.Roland

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 01:24:37 AM »
Hi Pianoman

Me!!     "Got to keep up with technology or you will be left behind"

Don't be like an Elephants bum "All behind"!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

No good being a luddite

All the best
John
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline mikf

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 01:53:28 AM »
Abby
I did not buy a GENOS because I moved away from portables to the Clavinova range, but I am chipping in here to just say that like everyone who makes a living from their tools and assets, you look at what value it might bring to your business. But the vast majority of people on this website who bought Genos are hobbyists, and like all hobbyists they don't really need much of a a reason beyond its new, I have the money, i want it. I buy new golf clubs all the time, knowing well that they probably will make little difference, new cars as a matter of routine every 2 or 3 years, just to have the latest. Of course a business would not do that, it would evaluate the best use of funds. But that's not what we are, for the most part.
Just saying that I am not sure that you will really get very useful information rom your question. 
Mike 

The following users thanked this post: sugarplumsss

DonM

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018, 02:07:36 AM »
I haven't bought one.  But if I do it will be because of the nice big touch screen, the 76 keys, new drums, light weight, and many live controls.  I KNOW that's more than one or two.  :)  But, I wouldn't change for one or two things; it's the whole package that must appeal to you.
P. S.  I still use the Growl Sax from the legacy sounds!

Offline Gloria

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2018, 02:22:01 AM »

It was the overall quality of the sound of the Genos.

Gloria
"Music is the Universal Language"
PSR Performer Page

Offline Stijn

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2018, 03:06:56 AM »
1. Because my wife told me to.
2. I agreed with her.

;) Stijn
I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

Offline Nickt5

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2018, 03:18:47 AM »
It makes my awful playing sound amazing!
If anything ever happens to me please dont let my wife sell my Genos for what she thinks I paid for it! lol
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 03:20:55 AM by Nickt5 »

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2018, 04:18:16 AM »
Abby
- I am chipping in here to just say that like everyone who makes a living from their tools and assets, you look at   what value it might bring to your business.
-hobbyists they don't really need much of a a reason beyond its new, I have the money, i want it.
-I buy new golf clubs all the time, knowing well that they probably will make little difference,
 new cars as a matter of routine every 2 or 3 years, just to have the latest.

Just saying that I am not sure that you will really get very useful information from your question. 
Mike

Mike,

THANKS , finally someone who is willing to  say the politically  incorrect truth. We have all become victims of this “consume-consume-consume”  craze. Your examples are 100 % to the point.  Nokia (not many people know that is a Finnish company, their world headquarters are just a mile from my house) had an ad,

"How to impress your friends ? Buy the new Nokia". 

After reading your post I went out in the yard,  looked at my 27 year old Mercedes 300 SL and 18 year old Range Rover Vogue and said to my wife,

"I am not one of those who buy a new car every 3 years”

She smiled  “No, you have become reasonable, but did you really need  to trade in your earlier Range Rover 18 years ago?  It had only 55.000 km. And by the way you have spent more time on that ugly  new black keyboard than on anything else during the last months so somehow you remind me of those ancient Pharisees .”

Cheers

Kaarlo

The following users thanked this post: sugarplumsss

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2018, 05:51:17 AM »
We have all become victims of this “consume-consume-consume”  craze.

I’ve never felt like a victim. It’s always been a voluntary decision.

And, any chance you could stick to the subject line on this thread, just this once?

Fred

Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2018, 06:08:21 AM »
For me, it was:

Primary reasons
Piano voices much improved (finally) over the T series
Far better sound processing though the Revo drums

Secondary reasons
Lighter weight
Touch screen
Faster speed through an SSD versus a disk drive
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2018, 07:02:27 AM »
  • Overall Sound Quality
    Quality Of The Voices And Articulations
    Quality Of The Styles
    76 keys
Check Out My YouTube Channel! https://goo.gl/edbXFS

Offline Depo1964

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2018, 07:27:36 AM »
Hearing this ... and any other Demo by Peter Baartmans,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjlZQKBWO6o

plus what appears to be a fact that the articulations capable on the Genos, tells me that
the Hardware is catching up with the software.

I hate to be bothered by the need to update this VST and that VST ..... lots and lots of VSTs.

I like to be able to use the right side of my brain in creating music.... and not worry about
maintaining my music software..... 

I just hope that the intrigue of hearing all of these wonderful sounds is not going to be overcome by,
for someone whose first Arranger keyboard will be the Genos, what appears to be a lot of complexity.
I hope there is an intuitiveness built into Genos.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 07:52:46 AM by Depo1964 »

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2018, 07:38:10 AM »
1. Large touchscreen and the new Playlist feature since it rivals Korg Songbook that I love
2. Plenty of live Controls and the sound.

I know you asked for 2 items there are actually 4 within my 1 & 2.

It was the right decision.  I've posted it elsehwere on the forum my wife thinks I'm over the top when it comes buying keyboards in general.  When she saw the Genos she said " it looks similar to your Korg Pa4x"   But then I turned it on and played a few tunes, she then said, "this is the best sounding one yet." 

I play an annual Christmas holiday open house, I used the Genos this year and got the best response from the audience/visitors I've ever had using any other arranger. I'm also getting positive responses in other venues too.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 08:08:06 AM by stephenm52 »
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2018, 08:06:06 AM »
Abby
I did not buy a GENOS because I moved away from portables to the Clavinova range, but I am chipping in here to just say that like everyone who makes a living from their tools and assets, you look at what value it might bring to your business. But the vast majority of people on this website who bought Genos are hobbyists, and like all hobbyists they don't really need much of a a reason beyond its new, I have the money, i want it. I buy new golf clubs all the time, knowing well that they probably will make little difference, new cars as a matter of routine every 2 or 3 years, just to have the latest. Of course a business would not do that, it would evaluate the best use of funds. But that's not what we are, for the most part.
Just saying that I am not sure that you will really get very useful information rom your question. 
Mike 

Mike with your CVP Clavinovas, Shigeru and Yamaha grands I don't think a Genos is going to enrich your life anymore than the other great instruments.

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline EileenL

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2018, 08:28:16 AM »
1  I love its edit ability as most things can be done quickly and on the keyboard.
2  It is lite when taking out and the Audience love the sound quality.

Offline Kytrinh

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2018, 08:38:38 AM »
1. I anticipated and wanted one right from the first teaser video, knowing  the next generation of yamahas TOTL arranger would be something special.
2. Mid April, my dealer quoted a price i could not resist a day longer...after that its just pure sonic bliss.
Genos, Tyros4/5, Pa4X, Audya5, KetronSD40, RolandXP30

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2018, 10:01:33 AM »
 ;)

1. It's a good looking keyboard
2. 76 keys
Cheers 🥂
GJ

jgriffin

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2018, 10:12:59 AM »
NUMERO UNO:  I went really crazy last fall and bought a new red Mustang and needed a new keyboard to put in it.  (yes it will fit with the back seats down)
NUMERO DOS: Because I did not buy a boat.

P.S.  Seriously....I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't bar-hop, I don't fish, I don't hunt, I don't buy expensive shoes or clothes, I don't play golf and I don't...................you get the picture.  The great vehicle is for my daily commute to work and the great keyboards are for my only real passion: MUSIC.

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2018, 10:34:17 AM »

P.S.  Seriously....I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't bar-hop, I don't fish, I don't hunt, I don't buy expensive shoes or clothes, I don't play golf and I don't...................you get the picture.  The great vehicle is for my daily commute to work and the great keyboards are for my only real passion: MUSIC.

I like your style!! you remind me of me. 8) :)   Got the collection of keyboards but no red Mustang I drive a minivan.

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline guitpic1

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2018, 10:48:43 AM »
In no particular order...

Styles.
Voices
Multipad DoWop and other voices
76 Keys
Lightweight
Extremely upgradeable
guitpic1

For me, the goal is to keep growing/learning.

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2018, 03:40:43 PM »
Cars were invented in 1890, and they already allowed people to move easily.
So, why did cars evolve ?
Why do we buy new cars ?

From the user’s point of view, Genos is just an evolution of Tyros, ...
Drums are really far better
Sound quality is slightly smoother and better
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 11:40:44 PM by soundphase »

rickymo220

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2018, 05:38:05 PM »
1. 76 keys.
2. Sound quality.

genos2018

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2018, 06:22:25 PM »
The quality of the instruments that have been recorded on for the accordion  sound ***.

Offline soryt

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2018, 06:46:45 PM »
1, succesor of T5
2, sound quality

Soryt  :)
Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

Offline valimaties

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2018, 09:13:20 PM »
1. 76 keys and reduced dimension, compared to T5-76
2. Touch-Screen (I love it :D )
3. Playlist feature (which in my vision is far over to the old MF)
4. 10 Regs per bank
5. Joystick
6. Drum Setup
7. Sound quality

It has some "Chinese" hardware inside, and low quality, but we don't know when we buy :)

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

HalUnlimited

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2018, 11:06:59 PM »
Per your request Abby:

1.  Improved Sound quality - particularly, but not limited to, many of the acoustic sounds with their fantastic articulations

2.  Improved Styles quality - not just the legacy ones but also the addition of more contemporary options.

I tried out every Tyros since T3, and every Pax since Pa2x Pro, and this is the first time I committed to buying one for keeps. Genos has the most impressive overall package so far, IMO. However, I acknowledge that some of the older brands/models I previously mentioned do have some features and benefits that the new Genos does not. That is probably the reason that there can be no consensus. For example I definitely prefer the button layout and additional fills buttons on the Pa4x.  But, I'm willing to give that up for the overall sound palate which I prefer in the Genos.  Different people have different needs and wants for different situations and preferences

Per my life philosophy, Vive La Différence!

Hal
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 11:20:44 PM by HalUnlimited »

Offline J. Larry

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2018, 12:35:59 AM »
If I bought one, it would be primarily for the all the choral voices.

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2018, 01:18:18 AM »

.......It has some "Chinese" hardware inside, and low quality, but we don't know when we buy :)

Regards,
Vali
Hi Vali,
I would not be too worried about that, there is basically nothing electronic you can buy to-day if you want to avoid Chinese hardware.
My TYROS 5/6  was made in China - they use the word "assembled in" to scare you less. :) and as a fact after  5 software - not hardware - updates it has worked well for years.  We use Chinese hardware in the military target drones we produce and have not had more problems than with German or Japanese hardware.  I believe anyone who outsources production to China runs the risk of giving away his most valuable production know how and design secrets, but that is another story. BTW the Chinese - I have worked with them for many years - learned quickly the modern way of never admitting any bugs, which bugs me, (pun intended) 

Cheers

Kaarlo

Offline markstyles

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2018, 03:08:20 AM »
I've been one of the first to purchase the Tyros 4, 5, and Genos..  Yamaha does not disappoint (me at least).. Their products have always have had a great sound, well constructed (perhaps manuals lacked more clarity).. But they are a great company..  I would have bought one anyways. Glad I did..

I love the sound,  I understand the architecture of Genos, Tyros, so it is easy to keep up with the changes with minimal adjustment to a completely new design

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2018, 05:53:25 AM »
For me, Genos is, unfortunately, out of the equation, not because of the expense, but because I no longer spend 7 days a week on stage as an entertainer. If I could go back to work, I would have a Genos in a heartbeat. After working with many of the converted styles on my PSR-S950, I have really been impressed by not only the big improvement in drum and bass quality, but also many of the right hand voices. I just listened to a song performed by a forum member on another forum and it was absolutely outstanding, especially the sax voice. The style itself was superb and much better than the same style I had once heard on the T5. To me, it is the best sounding keyboard I have ever heard and I have tried, and owned nearly every arranger keyboard ever produced. (hope my wife doesn't read this!) ;)

Now, when many people upgrade, or update their arranger keyboards, and I too have been guilty of this, we tend to want the new keyboard to sound just like the old one did. Well, that's a big mistake! It's not the same keyboard, even though it was manufactured by the same manufacturer. It has all new sounds, new dynamics and lots of great, new features that need to be explored. This is a tough nut to crack for most of us that have been on stage for more years than some of younger forum members have been alive. I had the same problems when I performed with a guitar. When I upgraded to a Yamaha 12-string guitar, I couldn't understand why it didn't sound like my old 6-string Ibanez. I finally came to the stark realization that it sounded one **** of a lot better, and within a few months I became very comfortable performing in front of my old audiences with that 12-string.

Good luck,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2018, 06:10:43 AM »
Well put, Gary.

As for
Now, when many people upgrade, or update their arranger keyboards, and I too have been guilty of this, we tend to want the new keyboard to sound just like the old one did.

I don't agree. If I'm trading an old keyboard for the newest one and spending a few thousand extra dollars, it better sound a helluva lot better than the old one :)!!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Gloria

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2018, 06:13:41 AM »
Hi Gary,  Good thoughts in your comments about the Genos.

Gloria
"Music is the Universal Language"
PSR Performer Page

DonM

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2018, 10:04:24 AM »
Dang it Gary, just buy a Genos.  You can afford, you will enjoy it and you can't take all that money with you when you leave!  :)
Actually you can leave the Genos to me in your will , about year 2040.  I'll be 97 then.

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2018, 12:19:39 PM »
Don, I would buy one for Christmas, but Carol might have something to say about that. Yes, I can afford it, but after what I went through today, I'm not sure that it would be a wise move, economically.

I ventured up to the boat today to finish up some work that needed to be done before it goes in the water. I worked on it for about 45 minutes to an hour, then, without warning, the lungs went out and this old codger had to get into the car, turn on the AC and fire up the oxygen generator. The earth was spinning a lot faster than I thought it should. The temperature in the sun, which is where I was working, was about 100, with 90 percent humidity - not good for an old codger with nasty lungs. O'm headed back tomorrow and hopefully will finish what I started, but if not, I don't care - it will just have to wait till the weather improves. Next week, the weather is supposed to be in the low 70s, which is far more tollerable.

Don't hold your breath for that Christmas present, Don, ;)

Gary :cool:
Love Those Yammies...

DonM

« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2018, 01:09:35 PM »
Ditch the boat, stay at home in the AC and play your Genos!  :)  Use headphones so you won't hear Carol yelling at you. 

Offline valimaties

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2018, 03:07:52 PM »
Hi Vali,
I would not be too worried about that, there is basically nothing electronic you can buy to-day if you want to avoid Chinese hardware.
My TYROS 5/6  was made in China - they use the word "assembled in" to scare you less. :) and as a fact after  5 software - not hardware - updates it has worked well for years.  We use Chinese hardware in the military target drones we produce and have not had more problems than with German or Japanese hardware.  I believe anyone who outsources production to China runs the risk of giving away his most valuable production know how and design secrets, but that is another story. BTW the Chinese - I have worked with them for many years - learned quickly the modern way of never admitting any bugs, which bugs me, (pun intended) 

Cheers

Kaarlo

Hi Kaarlo.
When I said "Chinese", I was referring about low quality of new buttons's contacts (blue-orange buttons contacts), which are not anymore like T-T5 contacts. I was referring also about power supply inside, which is not anymore as it was in every Tyros (or I think every keyboard)... now it is like a external laptop power supply, which is bond inside keyboard's case with wires  ??? This is not professional approach, IMO...

But it is good that till now I did not have ant hardware problem, and it's good I don't see what it is inside  :D

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2018, 08:16:02 PM »
Don, I would buy one for Christmas, but Carol might have something to say about that. Yes, I can afford it, but after what I went through today, I'm not sure that it would be a wise move, economically.

I ventured up to the boat today to finish up some work that needed to be done before it goes in the water. I worked on it for about 45 minutes to an hour, then, without warning, the lungs went out and this old codger had to get into the car, turn on the AC and fire up the oxygen generator. The earth was spinning a lot faster than I thought it should. The temperature in the sun, which is where I was working, was about 100, with 90 percent humidity - not good for an old codger with nasty lungs. O'm headed back tomorrow and hopefully will finish what I started, but if not, I don't care - it will just have to wait till the weather improves. Next week, the weather is supposed to be in the low 70s, which is far more tollerable.

Don't hold your breath for that Christmas present, Don, ;)

Gary :cool:

Gary, If I had been able to stop by with my Genos on the way back from Florida, you may have already purchased a Genos because you would have loved what you heard.   :)

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline soryt

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2018, 08:29:11 PM »
@ valimaties ,
Did you opend the Genos ? and do you have made some pictures of it ?
btw , the T5 was also made in China , T4 was made in Japan .
do not forget that the time that poor quality was made in China is well over, there are many Premium brands that have their top products made in China

Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2018, 08:51:38 PM »
For me, some of the early things that swayed me to go ahead and jump from Tyros5 to Genos:
1) Somewhat smaller form factor for 76 key version
2) having 76 keys (I have T5-61)
3) Internal almost-2GB-expansion
4) No HD (spinning disk) to fail
5) lots of new sounds, styles
6) Revo drums seemed like a big step up
7) sliders and knobs

There were things I was "keen" about, but decided I could live with, adapt to:
1) touch screen (I like the old non-touch screen better, but touch has its pros and cons)
2) black/dark color (harder to see on dark stage, but I can adapt)
3) loss of lots of buttons (voice select, style select) but I'll adapt

These are just the first quick thoughts that occur to me on reading the question that titles this thread ...

Jim
Raleigh, NC, USA / Genos / Tyros5-61 / Lucas Nana 600 / other stuff

Offline valimaties

« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2018, 08:53:16 PM »
@ valimaties ,
Did you opend the Genos ? and do you have made some pictures of it ?
btw , the T5 was also made in China , T4 was made in Japan .
do not forget that the time that poor quality was made in China is well over, there are many Premium brands that have their top products made in China

I have a friend who opened it, because his childes plays with his Genos, not in his presence, and pull up some of buttons. He had to opened it, and he told me what I tell you now... He had T2, T5, and now Genos, same as me.

BTW, on my ex T5 the post label its wrote Made in Japan, not in China!

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2018, 10:14:12 PM »
Don't worry, be happy.
'Plastic Fantastic Genos' will last as long as it last, then we have to buy new ones.
We're living in the world of use and trash, cellphones, keyboards or whatever .....  8)
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2018, 08:21:50 AM »
I have a friend who opened it, because his childes plays with his Genos, not in his presence, and pull up some of buttons. He had to opened it, and he told me what I tell you now... He had T2, T5, and now Genos, same as me.

BTW, on my ex T5 the post label its wrote Made in Japan, not in China!

Regards,
Vali

Hi Vali,

you are 100 % correct about the power supply. I posted somewhere here earlier  about that strange feature. Cannot find it now. Having built Böhm and Wersi organs from kits in the 1980ies  I can never resist opening a new keyboard even though YAMAHA keyboards need motored screwdrivers and a set of bits  (Torx, Philips and then some)  in case you do not want to spend the whole afternoon opening all the screws.  The amount used to keep the housing together is impressive and the result is a keyboard that unlike cheap contraptions is ONE SOLID BLOCK.  You can try to twist  and bend it, it will not give one millimeter and the screws are a very good fit,  they fall in place.
But as you state, the power supply is not a YAMAHA proprietary item. They quite obviously  found out they could spare a dime buy using a standard laptop power supply.  Cheaper than manufacture one themselves as they did on earlier models.  And what surprises, the power supply is just strapped to the bottom and as the standard output cable was too long they just wound up the extra. So it is not an item made to their order but one off the shelf like they are produced in millions. People who have never been working on mass produced items construction cost reduction may not believe:   every penny is scrutinized. That is OK,  but is not very professional to wind up surplus wiring like we do it at home.  They should have shortened it, but then they would have had to re-attach the connector.  Why do I say "unprofessional"  risking being reprimanded.   I have been in target drone manufacturing since 1968  and in electronics one tries to avoid any wound up excess cable lengths because the cable might induce or absorb an electrical fields. The rule is,  make any leads as short as possible. But I am convinced YAMAHA will have tested interference. In this case the cable is no problem. And as a fact i removed it in order to see whether the problems I had were somehow due to this wrap up.  They were not.

Cheers

Kaarlo

Offline Pianoman

« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2018, 11:50:04 PM »
Hello Everyone.

I want to express my thanks to all of you for your responses.

My intention was to find out if there was a commonality of one or two, perhaps even three things,
that were the deciding factor in buying a Genos. Not 10 or 15 things.
Just 1 to 2, and maybe 3.

Many people may buy a car that includes lane assist, automatic climate control,  cruise control,
distance detection, leather, wood panelling, masaage seats and other assorted goodies.

But when you ask the car owner why he/she really bought the car, it may basically come down to
 just the brand, engine power , and suspension or aerodynamics.

It shouldn't be that difficult to pinpoint just 1 to 3 things.

Anyway, I see that this thread is slowly drifting away from my original request, so I want to
express my gratitude already, before we drift any further.

Best Regards.
Abby.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 11:53:04 PM by Pianoman »

Offline Oymmot

« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2018, 02:42:10 AM »
Hi.
Why, I did not understand better. The best I think would have been that I had saved a lot of money if I did not buy Genos.
It's just as good with my T5 as it does with my Genos.
Now Genos is bought and T5 sold so now there is no return.
The audience does not experience any lift when they want music and there are so small differences between Tyros5 and Genos.
Sorry but that's the reality.
Tommy
Tommy Ölin
E-post: tommy.sune.olin@gmail.com

Offline Oymmot

« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2018, 02:42:58 AM »
Hi.
Why, I did not understand better. The best I think would have been that I had saved a lot of money if I did not buy Genos.
It's just as good with my T5 as it does with my Genos.
Now Genos is bought and T5 sold so now there is no return.
The audience does not experience any lift when they want music and there are so small differences between Tyros5 and Genos.
Sorry but that's the reality.
Tommy
Tommy Ölin
E-post: tommy.sune.olin@gmail.com

Offline Pianoman

« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2018, 03:33:43 AM »
Thank you Tommy for your honest assessment.

Best Regards.
Abby.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2018, 06:05:25 AM »
Tommy, it's only your opinion.   ;)

IMO (and a lot of other Genos users), the sound is much better ;) The possibilities of inserting a bigger number of DSPs, between T5 and Genos, I think it makes the difference in sound quality. If you use The same settings in a style imported from T5 in Genos, yes you don't fell to much difference, but WHY NOT using more DSP if they give us this possibility? EQs, Compresssors, etc
Drum Setup from Style Creator makes a lot of work in "changing sound" of this keyboard, too ;)
This keyboard has to be explored and used as it has to be, not with the limitations that T5 had/has ;)

Why do you change your old car with a new one, more powerfully, if you drive with the same speed?! Maybe because is more luxury  8) , or it has more protection things?!  ::)

The same thing is here ;)

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos