Author Topic: Genos - Is There Something I Am Missing?  (Read 2748 times)

Offline mikf

Re: Genos - Is There Something I Am Missing?
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2018, 08:26:52 PM »
Kaarlo
You are correct of course, this forum is here to inform and help re these arrangers. However, given the depth of research and soul searching that some have over a $4000 dollar keyboard makes we wonder how long it takes to make a decision about a car ... or a house ;D
Mike

The following users thanked this post: Kaarlo von Freymann

Offline valio7771

« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2018, 09:28:34 PM »
I believe you have that backwards, Valentin. A wave with a Q factor of 1 has a wider base than the base of a wave that has a Q factor of 2 (for example). It's an inverse relationship. The higher the Q factor, the skinnier the wave. See the picture.

You are absolutely right, Lee

We all make mistakes, and I did a rookie mistake by putting everything other way round, and got carried away without even realising it.
It was passing 03:00 at night when I was writing that thing, and I was already sleepy. I'll go back and edit the post in order not to confuse the readers here.

Thank you for correction !

Cheers

Valentin

Offline pjd

« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2018, 09:38:34 PM »
Oh, dear, "cars." We shouldn't go down that rat-hole, again.  :)

Two things make me an analytical, deliberative consumer: The price of the good and/or how long I intend to keep and use it. Genos ticks both of those criteria. I didn't deliberate very long when I bought an E443!

Some folks love the chase (analysis) more than the catch. Sometimes planning a vacation is more fun and satisfying than the actual trip.  :D

All the best -- pj

The following users thanked this post: Kaarlo von Freymann

Offline Linson

« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2018, 10:36:59 PM »
One thought...there ARE plenty of styles available for Korg.  And it has a midi-to-style converter built in that actually works very well. 
You can get plenty of support on the Korg forum and it is even monitored by Korg people.

Anybody can shed some light on the Choral voices in Genos.  Is Choral voices in Genos is better than Korg PA4x? or it is almost same.

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2018, 01:04:13 AM »
I would purchase a Genos tomorrow, but it would just be one more expensive item my children would be burdened with sell when I die. I already have more things than most folks ever dream of and I told them that if they find any money remaining in bank account when I pass, I must have made a mistake, or died earlier than anticipated. ;)

Have fun, everyone,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2018, 09:38:10 AM »

Some folks love the chase (analysis) more than the catch. Sometimes planning a vacation is more fun and satisfying than the actual trip.  :D

THANKS   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D !!!!!!  that hit without hurting [/i]!
The year you were born is unimportant as long as you can still play your keyboard and don't have to change the treble setting