Author Topic: Yet another "first Genos gig"  (Read 2618 times)

Offline pjd

Yet another "first Genos gig"
« on: May 01, 2018, 05:32:14 AM »
Hi --

Genos went to church on Sunday! All went well although I need to tweak up a few of the registrations that I put together. When I practice in isolation, I shy away from orchestral voices that I perceive as too bright. With the piano and acoustic guitar going on at the job, I need voices that cut through the mid-frequency muck.

A few random thoughts --

Thank goodness that I've been practicing with Genos at home even though I continued to play the MOX6 at church. The FSX action has significantly more resistance and my fingers were ready for it.

The registration info display is worth its weight in gold. Although I had a cheat sheet on a Post-It note, I could leave the registration info display open 95 percent of the time and instantly know my go-to voice layout. Wonderful feature, that.

I carted the Genos in a Thomann/Soundwear GENOS bag with wheels. I recommend this bag although I had to order from Germany. It adds about 10 pounds (not too bad), has good free-spinning wheels and is rugged enough for the trunk of my car. Held the rain off quite well, too.

My spouse, who cantors, mentioned the quality of the orchestral flute even though the subtlety is/was probably lost on the congregation with all the usual racket going on. She gets the direct sound from the floor monitors.

All in all, a good day -- pj

Offline XeeniX

Re: Yet another "first Genos gig"
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 07:04:42 AM »
Nice to hear your "maiden voyage" went well PJ. Perhaps next time a preceding "SSSSSST" with an ear-tearing distortion guitar before you gently return to the orchestral flute?  ;) :D

kind regards,
Peter