Author Topic: Software find  (Read 3868 times)

Tyros5Mad

Software find
« on: April 30, 2018, 07:38:32 AM »
Hey guys and gals,

How are you all? So today I would like to share a  link to some software I found for Yamaha keyboards up to and including the Genos.

The software is called Midi Connections. Here's the link: http://www.midi-connections.com/download_freeware_e.htm

This the free version of the software. You have to register and get a code but it is genuinely free. There's also a Lite and Score version which are not free.

So what can it do? I have only just got it and am still testing but here's a list of specs from the web site.

- Sheet music and scores
- Sequencer
- Drum notation
- Edit MIDI files:this is the big feature for me.
As already mentioned, MIDI files can be displayed as sheet music with one click. The MIDI sequencer is the actual source of information for the note display. If you change something in the MIDI sequencer, the note display also changes. If the notation is changed, the data in the MIDI sequencer will also change. Additionally, when a loaded MIDI song is edited in the notation, it remains a MIDI song that can be saved as a MIDI file. No MIDI data will be lost unless they are changed or deleted.
The MIDI sequencer recognizes SMF/XF chords, karaoke text, time signature and key, which are stored in a MIDI file. All notes, chords, texts, controllers, ProgrammeChange, PitchBend or Syex messages can be changed, added or deleted in the various editors. The Multi-Grid, Drum-Grid, Event editor and the notation are available for this purpose.

There are other features which look promising as well. Check it out at the web site.

Regards,
Richard

The following users thanked this post: ticktock

jm

Re: Software find
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 09:57:08 PM »
Thank you Richard looks very interesting! Do you know if it is supported
by the iPad?
Have a great day!
jm

Tyros5Mad

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 02:50:22 AM »
Hi JM

Sorry I don't know the answer to your question.

Regards,
Richard

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 02:22:24 AM »
Hi
Really better off with a few Pound notes  about £5 for Mobile Sheets and get yoursef an HP android slate for £220.   21 inch android screen in front of you
Nearly full size sheets on your screen and even more easier with a page turner.

All the best
John :)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox