Author Topic: Problem because volum  (Read 6381 times)

Yama46

Problem because volum
« on: April 25, 2018, 04:34:00 AM »
Er fra Norge

Hello.

My name is Svein Harald Henriksen, 72 years old, living in Norway. I'm not good at English, so I have to use translation when I write and read.

I have just bought a Tyros 5 and have a problem because I have to press so hard on the tagentene when I play the song itself ( on RIGHT 1 2 and 3 ). Even though I've dumped the volume to 127.

Can you please explain how I get up the volume? Is there any completed registration that you can download and copy into Tyrosèn?

Hope you understand what I mean and can help me :-)

Regards
Svein Harald
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 11:07:37 PM by Yama46 »

Offline Bruce Breen

Re: Problem because volum
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 05:08:01 AM »
Hi Svein,
I don't have a Tyros, so my registrations won't work for you.
I have also found the accompaniment too loud for the right hand playing.

So, I always turn down the accompaniment to a volume of about 80, then turn up the main volume.
Now the right hand voices will be much louder...!
I save this setting in all of my registrations.

Also, if you decide this volume adjustment method works for you, I would suggest that you then buy a volume foot pedal, so you can still turn down the right hand volumes if necessary.

Another way to get more right hand volume would be to decrease the setting of the velocity sensitive keys.
If you turn it totally off you will hear some very loud pianos & guitars for sure!!
I believe this setting would not be controlled by the registrations, it is in the 'global' set-up of the whole keyboard.

Hope some of this helps...
Bruce Breen
playing a PSR-S950, PSR-2100 & Piano Accordion

Offline panos

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 05:12:44 AM »
Hi Svein,

you could also try to disable the Touch button,
or press the Direct Access button and then press the Touch button and on your keyboard screen choose Soft-Medium or Hard touch to your liking. 

Offline andyg

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 05:47:33 AM »
Set the Initial Touch to Soft 2, which is the easiest for most keyboard style playing for most players! Or turn it off completely.

Try Style Volume = 80, Left = 60, R1 = 110, R2 = 100, R3 = 100 as basic starting points for a good balance. The default of 100 all round is almost never right! :)
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

Offline Stijn

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 08:17:14 PM »
Hi Svein

Also make sure that the Modulation Wheel is turned down. Some voices will sound very weak when this wheel is turned up.

Regards,
Stijn

[attachment deleted by admin]
I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

Yama46

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 11:13:44 PM »
Hello.

Thanks. But the problem is that there is no difference between Soft-Medium or Hard touch?

Regads Svein Harald

Offline panos

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2018, 01:45:14 AM »
There is a little difference between them Svein,you can hear the difference when you test them.

Style volume 80
Touch button off
Modulation Wheel in down position

And the problem with the volume of Right hand voices still there?
You don't use any weird registration right?

Can you record something and upload it to a site so we can hear the problem?

Yama46

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2018, 03:41:29 AM »
Hello.

Thank you for all the answers. The Tyros is factory-set. When I get a style, I use the OTS setting. I have no registration file.
And would be very grateful that someone could send me that :-) Playing the most dance music (Flipper)

Looking forward to and hearing from someone.

Regards Svein Harad

Offline Afton72

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2018, 08:51:01 AM »
Hello Svein,
                       Congratulations on owning a Tyros 5  ; 8).
   May I comment that I think Panos made a good suggestion to post the Forum a recording of you playing.  It's marvellous what our Members can tell about the settings from listening to the item.
   Maybe a photo or 2 of your screen when you have set up, for the members to see.

Good luck, 
                        Alan

Offline MarcusAhlback

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2018, 04:06:24 PM »
(English below)

Hej Svein!
Jag tycker din engelska funkar bra och att du gör dig förstådd, men om du kämpar med översättningarna så har jag ett litet tips:
Lägg till "Fra Norge" i Rubriken på ditt ämne (använd modify-knappen).
Det finns nämligen ett antal ganska aktiva Norrmän, Svenskar och Danskar här på forumet, och om de bara hittar din fråga kanske de kan hjälpa dig på "Skandinaviska". Riktlinjen är förvisso att prata engelska på forumet, men som jag uppfattat det finns det tolerans för undantag.
Själv har jag inte Tyros så jag kan inte hjälpa dig.

Hello Svein!
I think your English works quite fine and you  make yourself understood but if you struggle with the translations here is a piece of advice:
Add  "From Norway" in the title of your topic (use "Modify")
Ther are a couple of pretty acttive Norwegians, Swedes and Danes on the forum, and if they only find your question they might be able to help you in "Scandinavian". The guideline is indeed to speak English on the forum, but I believe there are tolerance for exceptions.
Myself I don't have a Tyros so I can't help you.

Lycka till/Good Luck
Marcus
Yamaha PSR-S770
Casio PX5-s

Offline PierreSW

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2018, 04:23:33 PM »
Hej!
Ta en titt på Yamahas Svenska sida, där hittar du en Svensk manual.
På sidan 61 finns det lite om inställningar, kolla in Center reglaget om det kan vara orsaken till problemet.
Kolla även in Master EQ inställningarna, där kan du öka på om du vill.

Hey!
Take a look at Yamaha's Swedish page, where you will find a Swedish manual.
On page 61, there are some settings, check the Center slider if it could be the cause of the problem.
Also check the Master EQ settings, where you can increase if you want.

https://se.yamaha.com/sv/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/tyros5/downloads.html#product-tabs
YAMAHA Genos 2, YAMAHA MFC10, Bose L1 II-pa,Mixer T1 ToneMatch, ZUM STEEL.

Yama46

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2018, 07:34:23 AM »
Hello. Can anyone help me with a good registration. Being very grateful for that.
Regards Svein Harald

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2018, 07:50:34 AM »
Hello. Can anyone help me with a good registration. Being very grateful for that.
Regards Svein Harald

A registration won’t solve your problem, Svein. You need to get the balance right before you create the registration.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons