Genos (12 Boards) > Genos YEM & Expansion Packs

YEM problem

(1/3) > >>

alfonata:
Hi,

PC  chrash
YEM  installed  in a  new  PC. YEM  is  now  empty.
Wants   installed  packs from  Genos post  back  into  YEM.  How  to  do ?

Styles2psr:
Hi,

Unfortunately you need to import all of your Expansions all over again,  there is no other way around.
Regards, Jan.

valimaties:

--- Quote from: alfonata on April 26, 2018, 06:25:47 PM ---Hi,

PC  chrash
YEM  installed  in a  new  PC. YEM  is  now  empty.
Wants   installed  packs from  Genos post  back  into  YEM.  How  to  do ?

--- End quote ---

In the future:
- Use a backup software (like Iperius, or other software) and make regularly back-up to %localappdata%\Yamaha\Expansion Manager folder. Upload that backup in Google Drive (or whatever hosting account do you have, mediafire, etc..)
- Make yourself the back-up, using 7zip or WinRar, or an archiver software, to the folder I said above, and upload regularly to a hosting data server.

When an installation crushes, or a PC crushes, you will have the identical copy of your packs installed before crush. If something like this will happening (crush), you will have to reinstall Yamaha Expansion Manager, which will create default instance in Program Files. Use the backup archive data and replace folder in %localappdata%\Yamaha with that from archive. Thats it.

Regards,
Vali

alfonata:
Hi  Valimaties

PC  was  total  loss.
Make  a  new  Yem  on  a  new PC  and  have only  the  USB ppi  files

valimaties:

--- Quote from: alfonata on April 26, 2018, 07:56:12 PM ---Hi  Valimaties

PC  was  total  loss.
Make  a  new  Yem  on  a  new PC  and  have only  the  USB ppi  files

--- End quote ---

I understood for the first time...
I quote myself ...

--- Quote from: valimaties on April 26, 2018, 07:01:52 PM ---In the future:

--- End quote ---

I gave the solution for the future, not for now. For now the only solution is to reimport in YEM all your packs.

Now you have a little problem with your LSB of your packs. But you can rearrange, in newlly YEM installed instance, by check/verify the custom packs you already have installed in your keyboard and put the ppf pack in the same position.

Example:
You have a custom pack "X1"... You don't know which LSB position it has to be on YEM. So, you first click on a voice on keyboard's touch screen. Open the Expansion folder. Identify the installed X1 pack and open that folder. Look at the MSB-LSB-PC on voices and memorize it. Go to YEM and change the order of the imported pack to be on the same LSB which you have memorized.

Regards,
Vali

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version