Author Topic: Onsong  (Read 574 times)

Offline pratcli

Onsong
« on: April 24, 2018, 04:16:26 PM »
Hi anyone know easy way to setup and use onsong with Genos I would like to have onsong open registration but am New to this. Any help appreciated thanks

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Onsong
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 04:44:02 PM »
What is onsong?
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline pratcli

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 05:37:21 PM »
Lyric and chord app like songbook

Offline pratcli

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 06:29:06 PM »
Anyone know easy setup procedure for onsong to open genos registrations. I find onsong easier than songbook but I am New to this. I basically want to learn in easy terminology how to connect and use onsong with Genos. Thanks Peter

Offline zionip

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 08:39:15 PM »
Pratcli,

Are you sure that Yamaha supports the use of onsong with Genos?  The two often mentioned apps that can call up Genos registrations are Songbook+ and MobileSheets Pro.  The description of the onsong app does not mention keyboard registration manipulation.  Are you sure that this can be done with onsong?  This is the first time I heard of onsong in this forum.

You may want to check with onsong support and Yamaha customer support on this topic.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline pratcli

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 02:09:58 PM »
Still can't find info on genos and onsong setup and communication in easy basic language. I have onsong for years but now purchased genos after 14 years of 9000pro, so I need assistance or info on a website which could help me setup and use. Thanks in advance as onsong site dosent cover it and Yamaha are pushing songbook

Offline Paul B

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 04:38:23 PM »
I have used OnSong for years and much prefer it over Songbook. However, I don't have it connected directly to the keyboard. I just don't see the need. I am still doing gigs 2 to 3 times a week but the way I use OnSong with my keyboard doesn't seem to be benefited by a connection. That's just the way I operate.

That said, I just read an article it Gear Tech+ Recording magazine that talked about using OnSong with a MIDI connection for control. I'm sorry I didn't pay closer attention but as I said, I just don't use it. I suggest you contact the folks at OnSong and ask for their help. They have always done good for me.

Good luck.

Paul B.
Paul B
Kenosha, WI / Mission, TX