Genos (12 Boards) > Genos and iPad & Songbook+

Onsong

<< < (2/6) > >>

pratcli:
Still can't find info on genos and onsong setup and communication in easy basic language. I have onsong for years but now purchased genos after 14 years of 9000pro, so I need assistance or info on a website which could help me setup and use. Thanks in advance as onsong site dosent cover it and Yamaha are pushing songbook

Paul B:
I have used OnSong for years and much prefer it over Songbook. However, I don't have it connected directly to the keyboard. I just don't see the need. I am still doing gigs 2 to 3 times a week but the way I use OnSong with my keyboard doesn't seem to be benefited by a connection. That's just the way I operate.

That said, I just read an article it Gear Tech+ Recording magazine that talked about using OnSong with a MIDI connection for control. I'm sorry I didn't pay closer attention but as I said, I just don't use it. I suggest you contact the folks at OnSong and ask for their help. They have always done good for me.

Good luck.

Paul B.

Bertmusic:
I use Onsong for years now during gigs with my band. First I connected it wireless to my Tyros. While selecting a song, OnSong sent the right midi commands related to that song to the Tyros (and other instruments). For all my instruments the right registration memory and sounds turned up for the selected song.

Unfortunately, the Genos is a different story. You cannot select a registration memory using midi commands. So I am not able anymore to get the right sounds while selecting a song in OnSong. For the Genos, I have to do it manually.

ckobu:
I think you are wrong. Genos registration sends and receives midi information. It works in Mobilesheets app.

https://youtu.be/83KSbB5H-_8

Al Ram:

--- Quote from: ckobu on August 12, 2018, 09:41:11 PM ---I think you are wrong. Genos registration sends and receives midi information. It works in Mobilesheets app.

https://youtu.be/83KSbB5H-_8

--- End quote ---

I also control my Genos registrations from my iPad using SongBook+.

thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version