Genos (12 Boards) > Genos and iPad & Songbook+

Onsong

<< < (6/6)

AndiiRoo:

Thanks Dale, a useful feature that I'm looking forward to getting sometime, but unavailable at the moment to myself or anyone with older ipads still on v2020.5 so I am still using the method I outlined above

Starting with OnSong 2020.7,  sadly only iOS/iPadOS 13 and higher are supported by the app in order to benefit from the Midi Sysex update

https://onsongapp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360061319713-I-have-an-older-iOS-device-How-can-I-install-an-older-version-of-OnSong-on-it-

daleSP:

--- Quote from: Patrick on May 04, 2021, 12:45:24 AM ---Hi Dale, is it easy to load a song from a registration in Onsong (is there a link to the song button?) or we always have to go in the menu of Onsong and write the PC, MSB and LSB to configure Onsong? All the best Patrick
 :)

--- End quote ---

Hi @Patrick ...

Unfortunately, you still have to go into the specific song's Midi Receive metadata section in OnSong and setup the appropriate Midi Sysex command that will be used to trigger the display of the song when the registration is loaded on the Yamaha Genos or PSR SX keyboard.

However, OnSong has a Midi Learn capability in the Midi Receive metadata section of the song that will assist in configuring the Midi Sysex command.

Whenever a registration is loaded on the keyboard, the keyboard emits the appropriate Midi Sysex command for that registration. If the Midi Learn capability is enabled for the song, then the Midi Sysex command emitted by the keyboard will be automatically captured by OnSong and assigned to the song in its Midi Receive metadata section. So you don't have to manually type in that Midi Sysex command (which is not for the faint of heart)  :)

PS: These newer keyboards (Genos and PSR SX) utilize the newer Midi Sysex command method to load registrations. I think they still support the older PC/MSB/LSB method but the Sysex method provides much greater flexibility in where the registration bank files can be located on the keyboard.

Patrick:
Hi Dale thank you, i will try again this afternoon; all the best Patrick
 :)

AndiiRoo:

--- Quote from: daleSP on May 05, 2021, 01:24:06 AM ---
I think they still support the older PC/MSB/LSB method but the Sysex method provides much greater flexibility.

--- End quote ---

Yes they do, but you can avoid this; a quick & easy shortcut to add songs is to paste two small metadata tags on the top of each song as indicated before, giving you all you need to link two way selections between OnSong and Genos Registrations. Here's a quick illustration pic, hope it's of interest to someone
  - The spreadsheet is only for my own info, and for me to be able to sort it on any column e.g. Titles, Registration Numbers, Styles I use, Tempos etc etc, which is a usefully quick way to display my library in different ways and views
  - On ipad, the OnSong main song display page, and also it's edit page showing the meta tags (this is very easy to do with the Console on PC rather than edit on the ipad)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version