PSR Keyboards (11 Boards) > PSR-E Series

PSR-E463 -- Almost there!

(1/9) > >>

SciNote:
Okay, I went to the local music store today and saw three PSR-E463 keyboards bulk stacked on display.  Unfortunately, they did not actually have any opened to demo.  As they were getting ready to close in just 15 minutes, and I am not ready to buy anything, I did not want to have them go through the trouble of opening and displaying a model right before they closed.  But these buggers do exist, and so if anyone else is near a music store, you may want to check it out and see if they have any to display.  Otherwise, my next day off is Sunday, so if I have time, I'll try to get back there and see if they put one out to demo.

vbdx66:
Hi Bob,

WoW ! So these E463 REALLY do exist after all  8) I find this so frustrating that there are so few demos of the thing for the time being.

Since I want a portable keyboard again on top of my not-quite-portable DGX 650 I am currently hesitating between the following boards :

- Used PSR E433 for € 100 (had it some years ago and enjoyed it immensely)
- New PSR E453 (the shops are trying to get rid of them) for about € 250
- Used PSR S650 for € 200
- Used Korg PA300 for € 300

It’ll probably be the PSR E433 or 453, though, because of the live knobs and of this forum  ;)

The only thing that might have me consider the PSR E463 would be if it had new sounds and styles, which apparently it does not have, or a better keybed than the E433.

Be sure that if you go back to that shop to try the PSR E463, you’ll have an extensive audience on this forum to read about your experience  :)

Best Regards,

Vinciane

vbdx66:
EDIT: I just saw that the Casio ma-x300 is on sale for € 300 so I guess it might be addded to my list, too. I guess that at this price it is a bargain, but it is sadly also probably the sign that this keyboard has been a commercial failure because it is, let’s say, “atypical”.

Regards,

Vinciane

AnupamEnosh:
Ma'am,
MZ-X300 is not something you would like, especially if you are a Yamahian. Feature wise it is great board, but some of the sounds bugged me a lot.

vbdx66:
@AnupamEnosh

Sir,

I watched some of the demo videos on the Casio mz-x 300 and was quite impressed by the features which reminded more of the PSR S670 and Korg PA 300. But you stated exactly what I am fearing: that I will still like the sounds of the Yamahas better.

Although they have far less features and only two variations styles, do you think that the PSR E4xx for about the same price still make a better buy because of their sounds? I particularly like the organs, tenor and soprano sax, sweet trumpet as well as the three flutes, these sounds are well suited for jazz tunes.

Best Regards,

Vinciane.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version