Author Topic: Need missing drumkits  (Read 11354 times)

adderum

Need missing drumkits
« on: April 24, 2018, 04:13:16 AM »
Hi all
I upgraded to Genos from psrs970..loving it. However I created many styles using chinese kit, arab mix kit and arab kit 2, drumkits that that genos is missing. Anyone has any suggestion how I can transfer them or purchase them.
Appreciate you all.
Ade

Offline panos

Re: Need missing drumkits
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 06:12:39 AM »
Hi Ade,
Congratulations for your new keyboard and wellcome to the forum!
I have the drumkits you asre looking for as presets on my s750.
I don't know if these are any different from the s970.
You could test them though.
The forum doesn't support the sfx format so I had to zip them.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 06:13:59 AM by panos »

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK, Jacob

adderum

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 06:19:47 AM »
Hi Panos
Tried to upload them to genos. It doesn't work. Not sure why.
Nonetheless thank you for trying to help.
Ade

Offline mark fernando

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 03:33:36 AM »
Hi,
Probably you have to buy or transfer your existing packs to new instrument using YEM. I had all packs for PSR S950 and now I have Tyros 5 presently struggling to get all sounds and midi songs sound right. This is a big disadvantage to me now as Tyros 5 right protected.
Oriental styles, voices would not sound correct in Genos if not pre installed. if not pre installed you have to buy or transfer the content.

Thanks

mark 

adderum

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 04:23:05 AM »
Thanks Mark.
You are correct. I contacted Yamaha , they were very prompt in responding. Suggested that I buy one of their packs but couldn't confirm that the drumkit will be the exact same as the one in PSRS970. They offer a refund if I am not satisfied.
Ade

Offline panos

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 04:39:04 AM »
Are they serious about it? That is not a solution...
Here is a pack for Middle Eastern for Genos worthing 165 euros and it doesn't even have a list of voices to see if there are any arabic kits in there...

https://eu.yamahamusicsoft.com/premium-packs-and-voices/middle-eastern-6

« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 04:40:15 AM by panos »

Offline valimaties

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2018, 07:47:16 PM »
Arab Kit 2 from S970 has MSB=126, LSB=0 and PC=36. The same MSB, LSB and PC it has ArabicKit in Genos - Legacy - DrumKit.

The other 2 instruments does not shown in DataList of Genos as MSB, LSB and PC. And Genos ArabicKit might sound different from Arabic Kit 2 from PSR-S970, also.

This means upgrades. (not confusion with update) ;)

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline valimaties

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018, 03:13:23 PM »
Try this ArabicMixKit, and tell me if it sounds like your old kit...

Import in a custom pack with YEM, as I shown in this 2 images:

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline mark fernando

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2018, 01:06:53 AM »
Hi Vali,

I tried to install  voices I had in Indian Pack to Tyros 5. I managed to make a PPF which includes  all styles and drum kits but it automatically excludes all other normal voices in the pack (apart from drum voices). may be I have some format non compliance. Do you have these voices?

Appreciate if you could share some voices so that I can check weather it works with YEM.

Also any idea why those voices not working in user section?

Thanks

Mark       

Offline valimaties

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2018, 03:04:56 PM »
Hi Vali,

I tried to install  voices I had in Indian Pack to Tyros 5. I managed to make a PPF which includes  all styles and drum kits but it automatically excludes all other normal voices in the pack (apart from drum voices). may be I have some format non compliance. Do you have these voices?

Appreciate if you could share some voices so that I can check weather it works with YEM.

Also any idea why those voices not working in user section?

Thanks

Mark       

Go to your Yamaha Music Soft site and you have to be able to download Indian Pack for free for Tyros 5, if you bought it for the other keyboard. Register your T5 on the YMS site before. If it is not free after you put it in basket (discount 100%), you can send a mail to YMS team and they will add this pack automatically to your account, you only will have to download and install in your T5.

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline mark fernando

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2018, 01:13:34 AM »
Hi Vali,

I did that earlier & downloaded and installed the free pack. In that pack no voices appeared also. there were some styles and drum kits. When I bought my PSR S 950 couple of years ago I got all packs free from my dealer as a package deal. So I did not buy any packs from Yamaha Music Soft.

When I bought recently Tyros 5 (used one) from same dealer they advised me that I have to buy the flash card and give instrumentation # so that they can prepare PPI file with packs which I selected. But the person who prepared PPI for me informed me he could not load any voices in Indian Pack. All other packs had no problems.   

Mark     

adderum

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2018, 12:08:46 AM »
Just wanted to thank Vali for providing Arabic mix kit.
Works great on Genos.  Saved me a lot of work.
Ade

Offline Osbermusic

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2023, 10:24:31 PM »
I just bought the genos but in the Drumkit section .. I can't find the battery ArabicMixKit had the s975 there was that battery kot but it's not in genos can someone help me find it