Author Topic: Sending midi codes to psr  (Read 1175 times)

Offline Bigbri5050

Sending midi codes to psr
« on: May 01, 2023, 03:08:33 PM »
Can somebody give me a start on how to determine the midi code I will need to send to a PSR S-670 that will select which registration bank is active.  I think I will need msb and lsb codes.  I have the user manual and the voice manual but can't see where the codes are detailed.  It would also be nice to know how to choose the voice in the bank but I'll start with the basics and work up.  My aim is to use the midi send facility on ForScore to tell the keyboard which bank will relate to that song. Do I need another manual? Any help would be welcome.

Offline overover

Re: Sending midi codes to psr
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2023, 09:22:27 PM »
Hi Bigbri5050,

Unfortunately with PSR-S670/770/970 and older PSR-S models it is NOT possible to switch Registrations via received MIDI commands. This only works on PSR-S775/975 and Tyros2/3/4/5 (with Bank Select MSB/LSB + Program Change) as well as on PSR-SX600/700/900, PSR-A5000 and Genos (additionally with the new SysEx method that works both ways).

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Sending midi codes to psr
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2023, 09:41:33 PM »
While you can’t have Forscore control the keyboard, you can go the other way, and have the keyboard control Forscore. That works just as well for me.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons