Author Topic: Tyrosine 5 volume pedal  (Read 4064 times)

Tezwalker

Tyrosine 5 volume pedal
« on: April 20, 2018, 11:07:26 PM »
I have connected a volume pedal  to tyros5  and ticked all the boxes and turned the main volume up

The problem is I only have the last 1/4 inch working on volume to full volume if I change the + - switch the first 1/4 inch works  from no volume to full 

Am l missing some thing in setting to increase the travel of the pedal  or is it a faulty pedal

Thanks Terry

The following users thanked this post: David Berry

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: Tyrosine 5 volume pedal
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 02:27:20 AM »
Presumably you are not using a Yamaha FC7 pedal.

What is the brand and model of the pedal that you are using?

Regards

Ian

Seagull29

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 03:26:31 AM »
Hi,
may be change the polarity of your pedal.  8)

Tezwalker

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 06:17:52 PM »
Hi thanks for reply the pedal came with the korg keyboard which is my midi connected keyboard to the tyros5 korg dp80.
The pedal worked fine on my tyros4 I have tried reversing the polarity no difference

Thanks tyrosaurus and seagull29

Terry

Tezwalker

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 10:06:53 PM »
Hi just to let you know found the problem  the pot was in need of a clean

Working fine now
 Thanks  Terry

DonM

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 01:31:48 AM »
One more great thing about Korg, they let you calibrate the pedals so it is possible to have more options in choosing pedals. 
Having said that, I've never had a problem using most pedals with Yamaha.  At least you can change the polarity and assign any function to any of the pedal positions.
Korg has one programmable, one dedicated to sustain, one to volume.  Their EC5 lightweight, inexpensive foot controller is great though, so even more options.
Yamaha's only option seems to be that heavy, expensive thing (MFC10), unless you want to get a third party foot controller and try to program it properly.