Author Topic: Price GENOS?????  (Read 9958 times)

Offline wolfram

Price GENOS?????
« on: April 19, 2018, 06:58:32 PM »
Thanks Yamaha,4 mounts ogo,i was proud,ower of a Genos.Now,i see that the price,dropped much than 719€.Its incomprehensible!!
Yamaha,you may give a bonus,those who payed 4518€.The pain what would soften.(New price Genos 3799€)This is not fair!!!!!!!!
regards,
wolfram,Belgium

Offline EileenL

Re: Price GENOS?????
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 07:04:19 PM »
Well that is the price many of us paid, some even less You have to know who to deal with. No good blaming Yamaha.

Offline Pianoman

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 07:17:31 PM »
Hello Wolfram.

The price is 3590€ here in Spain, VAT included.
I told my dealer that I intend to wait until July, hopefully the price might come down
a little bit more.

Delivery is mostly free within EU countries for purchases above 200€.

My understanding is that this price may even go slightly lower if you choose to pay
the VAT rates of your home country instead of Spanish VAT, which is 21%.

Many other EU countries only charge a 19% VAT rate.

It is much easier to purchase things between EU countries nowadays, as opposed to
just 5 years ago. Just like with telephone roaming charges.

Best Regards.
Abby.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 07:50:10 PM by Pianoman »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 08:33:55 PM »
Dose this price include the speakers. If not you have to add another £290 on.

Offline wolfram

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 09:47:02 PM »
The price that i payed(nov2017) 4518€ was only for the keyboard.I payed 324€for the speakerset.,greetings,
wolfram.

One thing i'm sure,it was the last Yamaha that i have purchased(I had and have tyros 1-2-3-4-5.

With the tyros 1-2-3-4-5 never problems,with the genos(also after the update 1.30)problems every day.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 09:59:29 PM by wolfram »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 10:50:40 PM »
What problems do you have.

Offline Pianoman

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2018, 10:59:32 PM »
Dose this price include the speakers. If not you have to add another £290 on.

The price with speakers is 3840€ (250€ more).

The price with speakers and stand is 4069 (479€ more)

Best Regards.
Abby.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 11:01:49 PM by Pianoman »

Offline Ingar

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2018, 11:57:23 PM »
Thanks Yamaha,4 mounts ogo,i was proud,ower of a Genos.Now,i see that the price,dropped much than 719€.Its incomprehensible!!
Yamaha,you may give a bonus,those who payed 4518€.The pain what would soften.(New price Genos 3799€)This is not fair!!!!!!!!
regards,
wolfram,Belgium

I guess that is what we have to pay if we want someting that is new on the market. It is common that price will drop after some time. I told my dealer that I want to hold it until the price drops. I still hold it.

Offline Brian3331

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2018, 12:22:08 AM »
I paid €4500 for just the keyboard angry isn’t the word 😡😡😡

Offline Brian3331

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2018, 12:27:42 AM »
I paid €4500 for just the keyboard angry isn’t the word 😡😡😡
I wouldn’t mind if had been a year or more but 5 months is just a joke

Offline EileenL

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2018, 02:57:40 AM »
When new keyboards come out you really have to shop around to get a good deal. It is not Yamaha that alter the prices it is the shops selling them. In fact most keyboards will go up if anything as world prices alter.
  I was and still am very happy with the deal I got here in November.

tyrosman

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2018, 03:03:40 AM »
I'm very Happy with my Deal TO Eileen :) :) ;) ;)

Offline panos

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2018, 03:32:22 AM »
Isn't allways electronics at a higher price when they first released,like a playstation or an I-phone?
and when a new model is realesed the older is suddenly a lot cheaper like what happened to the psr s770's price?

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2018, 05:53:51 AM »
Having been in business for over half a century and having had to decide on the price of new models I believe there is a generally applied  rule for pricing products.

The price of a new model  should always be at least in the beginning higher than the predecessor so that the dealers can  make "irresistible offers" for the trade in customers, and of course they are "just for a short time". 

Consumers are not rational, many desperately want to be the first to have the new model and they will be willing to pay a premium for that.  There is a name for taking advantage of  this desire;   skimming price.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_skimming

At the end of the product cycle  you try not to lower the list price not to make earlier buyers angry - they do get angry - but make great offers like including something which earlier was charged extra for.  Can be anything from free shipping to a stand or speakers or software like midi files.

We have all seen above happen with keyboards of any make.  So we should know what to expect.  But we are not rational. We know we can get Easter eggs half price after Easter bu we still buy them before Easter.  So unlike being angry at products being put on the market still full of bugs that are then taken care of by updates,  I see no reason to be angry with manufacturers for their pricing  policy.

Cheers

Kaarlo

Offline andyg

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2018, 06:11:07 AM »
Many years ago, I saw the Canon A-1 camera and really wanted one. Even though I personally knew the local Canon dealer, he said that every last one he could get was sold in advance and if I wanted one 1) I'd have to join the queue and 2) I'd have to pay full price. So I did, and was delighted with it. Six months later, the price had dropped over 30% and was still going down.

It's still the same today. But now, if I want a new camera, I DO NOT rush out and buy it as soon as it's released, even if I'd like it. I wait for a few months, or wait until there's a special sales day at the camera store. I once waited outside the store in the cold for hours, to be first in the queue to get £200 off one of the first five sold that day.

So while it's easy, and understandable, to get annoyed when prices drop, remember that 1) it's not just keyboards, it's just about everything new in the tech field and 2) if you want to be among the first owners, you must be prepared to pay the premium.
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

Offline wolfram

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2018, 08:12:21 PM »
That the price in the beginning is more than a year later,i accept that,but that the price dropped with 720€ in 5 mounts is  not fair!I close this case here because there is no doubt about it.
regards,

Offline soryt

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2018, 08:42:03 PM »

Nobody has been obliged to purchase the genos. If I want to be one of the first, it is normal to pay more for it.
It is to be expected that a product will become cheaper at a moment's notice, but at a moment's worth the price automatically stabilizes again.

Soryt  :)
Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

DonM

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2018, 11:24:20 PM »
Listen to Eileen, the price from Yamaha hasn't changed.  The price at which the dealers will sell may certainly change, depending on demand mostly.
I have NEVER once paid the MSRP for a keyboard, or any other large purchase really.
Do you go to buy a new car and just pay list price for it?  If you do you are a salesman's dream!  :)  Same with Genos.

Offline rbackes

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2018, 08:48:47 AM »
I got my Genos at the beginning of January for quite a good price of ~4200,- €. Today the same dealer sells the Genos for ~3800,- € on his website without negotiations.
But I'm not sad - I play my keyboard now since 3 1/2 month with great fun and enjoying it everytime I sit down to play.

When you buy electronics (Audio, Video, Computers and electronic musical instruments) the price always drops or you get more for the same price. So it will allways be cheaper (or better) if you wait. But if you really want something, you have to go and buy it - for the price it has at that given moment.
If you want to be one of the 'early adopters', you nearly pay the list price, that's absolutely normal. That is the point in time where the demand is higher than the supply (hope I use the right word). Later when there are enough units available and the dealers are eager to sell, they begin to drop the price. That's simple economics.
With the internet these wheels turn much faster, as there are more dealers reachable for a customer.

As I bought my Genos, I was absolutely clear about what will happen with the price. But I decided to buy one in January. Point.

BTW: I expect that the price will stabilize around €3500,- (in Germany) in a few months. In other countries of the EU a bit + or - (because of VAT).

Rainer

Offline wolfram

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2018, 05:52:50 PM »
Hello Brian3331,i agree 100% without you,it's a perfect joke :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
regards,

Offline EileenL

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2018, 07:18:08 PM »
Well Wolfram,
  We all have the choice to wait or buy and must be happy with the price we pay, or we would not go ahead with the purchase. I have been purchasing my keyboards from the same dealer for over twenty years now and always get an excellent deal.

Offline wolfram

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2018, 10:13:40 PM »
I agree with you Eileen.If i so agree ,with everything considering or clear vieuw,there is huge difference in the various countrys,between the various dealers.I go now start up the GENOS,on and enjoy a few hours music.
Have a great sunday,
kind regards,
wolfram

Offline XeeniX

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2018, 02:49:12 AM »
If I can believe the shop owner where I bought my brand new T5 in may last year, Yamaha is worried and not amused about the steep price drops and stunts with Genos. I went to the shop to inform about the price I had to pay if I traded my T5 for a new Genos and this is what he said:

I can't order a Genos from Yamaha at the moment and I don't have one in stock anymore. That is until may 18th when the new pricing policy/system for dealers is in place. I am not sure about prices after that since Yamaha is gonna sell us the keyboards for the MSRP. Afterwards they will check if we kept that MSRP for customers and will refund us with a discount rate. The more you stick to the MSRP the higher the discount. The lower you sell to a customer the lower the discount will be.

I am not sure if this goes for the entire EU and other parts of the world but since you can order from other countries nowadays easily and the fact that you can turn in your Genos at the nearest Yamaha service centre I think they perhaps will stick to that system everywhere. Else people will order from outside their country and that would create angry dealers which is also a bad thing for Yamaha :)

For now I'll stick to my Tyros 5 (still happy with it but hey a new toy is a new toy ;) ) until the local shop can make me an offer after may 18th. The big dealers are thieves in my eyes. Offering 1500 euro back when trading in my 11 month old T5 with FL1024 module and wifi dongle. I do get that I can't expect them to offer me a premium price only because it is almost brand new and still has 2 years of factory warranty. But only 1500 euro for a keyboard that I payed 3800 bucks for less than a year ago? I looked at their T5 occasions. These T5's are in most cases older and sometimes have slight user damage. That's 1300+ bucks profit they make on my T5 alone for simply pushing a keyboard around and on top of that the profit from selling me a Genos. No wonder Yamaha seems to get started with undertaking some countermeasures imho.

best regards,
Peter

Offline J. Larry

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2018, 03:59:29 AM »
I’ll let everyone else fret about the price of the Genos.  I sold a Tyros 5 and just ordered the PSR S975.  That’s fine with me, since I prefer a smaller footprint, 61-notes, and on-board speakers.  The only thing I miss from the Tyros is the choral voices.  Beyond that, nothing.

DonM

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2018, 10:51:16 AM »
I recently went back to a  S970 for several reasons, not important to this thread.
What I miss from the high-end arrangers are:
No XLR mic input.
Lack of control options.  For instance the vocal harmonizer doesn't have an indicator to tell if it's on or off, without opening a screen. 
There are only two programmable real-time controllers.  No sliders, except virtual.
The mic control doesn't have knobs on the front to adjust volume or effects on the fly.  You have to use a "wallwart" instead of a universal built-in power supply.
The text display often doesn't show the whole line of texts; they must be in a particular format with not a very long line length.
There is no option for the arranger to automatically load your settings when you turn it on.  You must set up a  "startup" registration.  (Well that is still true on all Yamahas.)
There are only two pedal inputs and no real (economical) option for a controller foot pedal.
I could go on but the point is that even though none of these things are so terrible you can't work around them, I still prefer the top end arranger models. 
I do love the weight of the 970 though! 
Best wishes with the 975.  All these arrangers are totally amazing for the little price they cost!