Author Topic: Song mode saving in more than one key!  (Read 5733 times)

Offline sugarplumsss

Song mode saving in more than one key!
« on: April 19, 2018, 01:52:47 AM »
I am new to Song Mode, and I am thinking same song saved in 2 or 3 keys would be useful for different singers.
Questions
1. Is it simple to change the key of MIDI Song within the T4 ( I may have asked this prior to today ) ?

2. How would NAMING the same song in three keys be done properly - 3 different names?  eg   Joanna C   Joanna  D   Joanna  Eb?

I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

Offline panos

Re: Song mode saving in more than one key!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 04:26:14 AM »
Yes it is simple.
Go to song creator to do it.
Just don't change the key of the drum patterns(usually midi channels no 9 & 10)

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=transpoding+a+song+tyros

Yes you can rename the same way people rename styles that have melodic parts that play in a specific key,or pdf files with sheet music.
Joanna C   Joanna  D   Joanna  Eb.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 04:28:04 AM by panos »

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 05:19:52 AM »
 Do you really need to save 3 times in different keys to do this? That requires work ;)!
Just save it once in its "normal' key and if it becomes necessary to transpose it, (assuming you know your singers' preferences) set the Song Transpose button up or down as required prior to playback. The song Transpose button is found in the Tune tab of Mixing Console.
John

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 05:32:22 AM »
I am new to Song Mode, and I am thinking same song saved in 2 or 3 keys would be useful for different singers.

Good grief. Just use the transpose button. That’s what it’s there for.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline mikf

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 06:57:41 AM »
Don’t you want to play the accompaniment? Isn’t it just karaoke if you play a midi.
Mike

Offline sugarplumsss

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 08:26:44 AM »
Acc with a style and multipage, is not karaoke!   but midi song with me playing along somehow is! Hmmm.

Do you understand what my life long career is, I am a multi instrumentalist , not a hobbyist ?  ACC is beneath a true musician ... sorry fellas and Eileen.
But I discovered the value of MIDI SONGS for Pop modern music.

I may try acc  ( I forgot the letters for accompaniment ) at some point in future; but I hope not.

Bringing up subtle distinctions about semblance to karaoke on an arranger forum seems funny to me.  There is a great deal of karaoke like aspects to playing a T4.
Sure, some leeway, but acc diminishes the creativity.

I do not need the acc... but for big pop music numbers, the MIDI Songs have utility.
------------------------------------------
As far as Transpose buttons.. there is one a dedicated transpose button,
as well as one in the mixer via tuning tab.

a few points about this... first off... time between tunes needs to be very very short.
I was not clear about the multi functional t4.. with song mode and style mode and voice mode.
I actually thought there might be a transpose option inside the song creator
and saving a new key there, is quicker when on stage, instead of fiddling with screens and button pushes.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 09:13:09 AM by sugarplumsss »
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 09:20:16 AM »
There’s a transpose button right on the keyboard, just above your left hand. Transposing “on the fly” is one of the easiest things to do on the keyboard.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: sugarplumsss

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 05:48:18 PM »

I actually thought there might be a transpose option inside the song creator
and saving a new key there, is quicker when on stage, instead of fiddling with screens and button pushes.

If you still want to go this way, yes it can be done on the Keyboard in Song Creator. See earlier post by Panos.

As Fred suggests using the Transpose buttons above the left hand is the quickest way, but first make sure they are assigned to the type of Transpose you want, in this case,
Song (only) or,
Master, which means Song plus Keyboard in case you want to play along with it.

Once made the assignment stays that way till you manually change it again.
John
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 05:49:24 PM by jwyvern »

The following users thanked this post: sugarplumsss

Offline sugarplumsss

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 11:05:00 PM »
Hey John thanks. My name is John also. This seems a bit surreptitious, even suspicious to me. As I said my name is John, or Johnny too. I hope this does not sound paranoid... I am a level headed guy.. but this coincidence is plainly stunning to me. You know in my younger days, I saw Pink Panther with Peter Sellers, and his detective skills inspired me greatly... but that story is for another day. But what I can
share, in spite of it all, I later decided against detective work, and switched my major to comedy... yeah.
 :o     ;)   
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 11:06:48 PM by sugarplumsss »