Author Topic: per s975 sax voices  (Read 4495 times)

Whcanetoad

per s975 sax voices
« on: April 16, 2018, 12:08:54 PM »
I just bought the psr s975 and am busy setting up registrations and registration banks for the songs I like to sing and play...I have a Tyros 5, and I previously owned a psr s970...I've noticed that none of the saxophone voices on the 975 "slur" the notes that are played, not even the Super Articulation saxophone voices...on the Tyros, when you strike a key harder, you get that slurring note sound that gives the saxophone voice it's authenticity...I can't get that "effect" on the 975 no matter what I try...am I missing something, or is it just not available on this keyboard?

Thanks,

Pino

Re: per s975 sax voices
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 01:42:24 PM »
Tyros has ‘aftertouch’
PSR does not

Pino

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 04:10:13 PM »
The psr does not have Super Articulation "2" voices that Tyros has for the comprehensive range of articulations (SA2 for short). I don't have a PSR but I would think you should still get a slur/ legato/ notes joining together effect when playing the straight SA saxes. It's not achieved via velocity though but by playing in a legato way.
The Psr has a SA BigBand Saxes voice which might articulate to a fall if it follows the tradition with Tyros/Genos, although I notice the voice numbers are different.

John
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 06:17:42 PM by jwyvern »

Whcanetoad

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 10:36:34 AM »
Thank you, John and Pino, for the responses to my post...i’m disappointed that the saxophone slur notes that I love on the Tyros 5 apparently aren’t available on the psr s975...I do notice there are some fall notes, but that’s not really the sound I’m after...I guess I didn’t think of the slur effect as a function of after-touch capability...I thought it was just part of the super articulation sound, triggered by how hard the key was struck...I assume that I won’t be able to download voices that have the slur note functionality..?

Even so, I am enjoying playing and creating registrations/registration banks on the psr s975 - it’s lighter and does most of what my Tyros 5 does...

Wayne

Offline Patrick

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 11:09:56 AM »
Hi Wayne, try this sax voice registration of my S970, i hope it can help you all the best Patrick

:)

[attachment deleted by admin]

The following users thanked this post: Ed B, Jacob, ticktock, pchan, KennyNguyen

Whcanetoad

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 10:30:51 AM »
Patrick

Thanks! I’ll give it try tomorrow and let you know how it goes...

Wayne