Author Topic: On a split right hand set up how get harmony only on one split area  (Read 3729 times)

Kaarlo von Freymann

Hi everyone,
One of the nice features od Genos is that you can split the right hand into R1 R2 and R3 because you have enough octaves, (the main reason not to want a 61)  And you can get the  octave for all right.  You will want harmony to be on some split area but not on all.

How do you set keyboard harmony  to be active only on specified split areas or be different on each split

You can get on/off by using a foot switch, but on Tyros 5 /6  I could get that where you set a voice to have  a certain type of harmony or no harmony at all. Could not find that function on Genos. Where is it ?

Please advise.

Cheers

Kaarlo

Offline Fred Smith

Re: On a split right hand set up how get harmony only on one split area
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 09:28:53 PM »
One way:

Menu1>Keyboard Harmony/Arp>Settings (the wheel at the bottom of the screen).

Select the voice you want harmony applied to (Right 1, 2 or 3).

Hope this helps,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline anandmaloo

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 09:58:07 PM »
Since I cannot play multi finger from my left hand, I always play single finger mode accompaniment.  Is it possible through split setting to have only the lead voice play from right hand and arpeggio effects from the single finger left hand.

This is to have piano type arpeggio affect while playing.

Regards
Anand

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 03:21:35 AM »

One way:

Menu1>Keyboard Harmony/Arp>Settings (the wheel at the bottom of the screen).

Select the voice you want harmony applied to (Right 1, 2 or 3).

Hope this helps,
Fred

Hello Fred,

Thank you very much in deed for your immediate reply. Yes, it did help.  I had tried that many times going  the same route your specified  all the way to pressing the wheel and setting the amount of harmony but not understood  one must use the  assign button on the screen to choose on which part one wants the harmony,  thinking erroneously it was enough to have  pressed the button 1, 2 or 3 voice buttons on the keyboard when tarting to do all this.

Thanks

Kaarlo

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 03:42:54 AM »

How do you set keyboard harmony  to be active only on specified split areas or be different on each split

Cheers

Kaarlo

Hi Kaarlo,
Touch screen apart, Genos seems to me to operate in the same way as Tyros except that there are more harmonies available. If you choose R1, R2 or R3 in the usual way that provides harmony on just that single part. So if you are playing above R3 split with R3 selected the latter plays harmony, but if you move below R3 split point, R1 and 2 voices come in but not with harmony unless you play it yourself.
However if you select Multi instead you can get closer to what you are asking. R3 will play with the selected harmony and so will R1 and 2 when you move below the split point. In the latter case each voice contributes its own notes to the Harmony, the total number of notes depending on the Harmony selected. If you have just 1 voice (either one) active below R3 split point it plays all the Harmony notes itself.
John
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 04:49:12 AM by jwyvern »