Genos (12 Boards) > Genos - General

First major show

(1/4) > >>

Lee Batchelor:
Hi team,

I just played a major show with my new Genos. The show was in a theatre. There were just the three of us – me on the Genos and vocals, a male singer on acoustic guitar and vocals, and a female singer. The show songs were all movie themes, so there were some very sophisticated registrations and styles used. We played 32 songs.

I built everything at home, stored it all on the User drive, and then made a backup copy on USB, just in case. The show went flawlessly, aside from a few playing errors on my part :). The sliders were very useful! It was so nice to just reach up and move a slider to increase the Right hand voice, Style, or Multipad. And for the record, I had 10 people out of a crowd of 120 come after the show wanting to see the “machine that was supplying the backgrounds.” Some thought it was pre-recorded CDs. So for those who declare that the keyboard model makes no difference – I beg to differ. I never had that kind of action with my Tyros 5!

Play on folks!

EileenL:
Congratulations I am pleased your first show with Genos went off OK.

Lee Batchelor:
Thanks, Eileen! I was a little nervous because of some of the feedback about Registration issues, however, I think those issues are not in the software but from the files the Registrations point to.

The Genos is a real performer's machine, as well as, a really nice home entertainment keyboard. A retired doctor/musician friend of mine was at the show, and he mentioned how music can slow down the onset of dementia and Alzheimer's disease. I've read about that. It's because music encourages the formation of new neural pathways in the brain. We must always remain active :)! Genos, Tyros, PSR, singing, playing the spoons...are all good ways to do that.

Fred Smith:

--- Quote from: Lee Batchelor on April 13, 2018, 11:30:06 PM ---Thanks, Eileen! I was a little nervous because of some of the feedback about Registration issues, however, I think those issues are not in the software but from the files the Registrations point to.

--- End quote ---

The registration issues you've been reading about on this forum have all been operator error.

Fred

stephenm52:

--- Quote from: Lee Batchelor on April 13, 2018, 08:02:22 AM ---Hi team,

The sliders were very useful! It was so nice to just reach up and move a slider to increase the Right hand voice, Style, or Multipad.
Play on folks!

--- End quote ---

My experience for a live performance at a gig has been the same.  Glad to hear the positive news Lee.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version