Author Topic: Corrupted preset styles and voice selections  (Read 3060 times)

Corrupted preset styles and voice selections
« on: April 13, 2018, 08:01:24 AM »
The strangest thing just happened. I turned my Genos on for a quick 15 minute blast before bed. I selected a retro pop style I’ve been playing an old Nik Kershaw song with and found the preset voices in the OTS had all changed. I then checked a load of other preset styles and had the same issue including some where all 3 right hand parts were selected with a sort of cancellation effect happening with the tones such as pianos cancelling each other out to become very quiet unless the other parts were turned off. Many of the usual preset voices were completely different to usual...

I turned the Genos off and on again but no change. I then backed up some of my own programmed stuff from the user drive to USB and did a factory reset which thankfully put everything back to normal.

All very strange. Has anyone else seen this issue?
Best wishes
Steve
Yamaha Genos, Korg Kronos 88, Yamaha MODX7, Korg M3, Korg Wavestation SR, Korg M3R, Korg MS20, MiniMoog Model D, Moog Voyager, Sequential Prophet 6, Roland D10, Roland JV1080, Roland Drumatix, EDP Wasp, Ableton 9

keynote

Re: Corrupted preset styles and voice selections
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 07:31:37 PM »
No, I have not experienced that problem Steve. Very unusual to say the least. Make sure you are using the latest firmware revision 1.30. I am glad a factory reset fixed the anomaly but this type of thing should not happen in the first place. If other Genos owners have experienced something similar it would be interesting to know so Yamaha can be aware of the situation and respond accordingly.

Mike

Offline jwyvern

Re: Corrupted preset styles and voice selections
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 08:08:05 PM »
Steve,
some of your observations resemble what happens if your R3 split point has moved slightly away from its default position. It should be hard up against the other split points, if a slight gap develops (as a result of manual adjustment or a "rogue" registration) you will lose a right hand voice or two where you are expecting 3 voices to sound. Next time it happens suggest you check this, (or check now if you wish whether the effect sounds the same with 3 voices active by manually moving R3 split point a semitone to the right).  If you are happy to disable registrations from moving split points you can put a tick in Split Point in Parameter lock after making sure it is set as you want it. (You will still be able to change it manually).   
John
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 08:09:24 PM by jwyvern »