Author Topic: Audio styles vs Rex styles - which is better  (Read 6020 times)

Offline anandmaloo

Audio styles vs Rex styles - which is better
« on: April 11, 2018, 11:43:03 PM »
Now that we have this new software - which method is more advisable for importing loops ? Rex or Audio styles. One very important benefit of Audio style I see is that it can be a standalone one - simple copy and paste style, hence no fear of loosing registration links in case of importing ppi files.  Any other differences ?

Regards

Anand

Re: Audio styles vs Rex styles - which is better
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 11:51:45 PM »
I have problems with rex styles so i will try the new software!

Offline voodoo

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 12:06:17 AM »
Biggest difference is: audio styles can timestretch! Tempo changes with sliced loops do not work well.
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Offline anandmaloo

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 11:30:48 AM »
How do we make an audio multi pad ?

Regards
Anand

Offline Bill

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 06:49:39 PM »
How do we make an audio multi pad ?

Regards
Anand

Page 54 of the Ref. Manual.

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline anandmaloo

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 09:48:29 PM »
Thanks Bill for taking time out to reply.

Checked the manual now. The only problem as per the description there is that it is for one time play only. No Repeat option. That’s takes away the total usability as a loop.  And more importantly there is no mention of any time stretch feature in there. So how do I sync the pads if I change tempo ?

My idea was to have the multipads similar to the functionality we now will get from the audio style files created from this software.

Regards

Anand.

Offline voodoo

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 10:08:13 PM »
Thanks Bill for taking time out to reply.

Checked the manual now. The only problem as per the description there is that it is for one time play only. No Repeat option. That’s takes away the total usability as a loop.  And more importantly there is no mention of any time stretch feature in there. So how do I sync the pads if I change tempo ?

My idea was to have the multipads similar to the functionality we now will get from the audio style files created from this software.

Regards

Anand.

Hi Arand,

audio link multi pads do not support audio stretching. That's why the new audio style offer a real advantage.

And as I understand, audio link multi pads do not support looping. But I am not sure about this.

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Seagull29

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 11:20:07 PM »
Hi,
I tried the new Yamaha's soft, Audio Phraser, to make our own audio styles. I tried with an ordinary loop of drums in format Wave and it works very well. I made an audio style test and played it on my T5. No problem for the loop to react with different time signature. Original was in 110 bpm and with 20 points more, no distorsion in sound. It's a good alternative with Rex Files and direct with the new soft. Just think to change the ".aus" when saving file with ".sty" if you want to play the audio style with your T5.

Offline GTS

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 06:04:14 AM »
Wow....This new software from Yamaha has the potential to be a game changer, especially if we can get the WAV file to loop and be read from an external storage device.

GTS...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 09:15:24 PM by GTS »

Offline gabrielschuck

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2022, 10:32:01 PM »
Biggest difference is: audio styles can timestretch! Tempo changes with sliced loops do not work well.
Exactly!
And this can produce a terrible result depending on the complexity of the groove.
My quest is saving my personal audio styles out of user memory in tyros5.
Regards,
Gabriel
-------------------------------

keyboardist, arranger, composer and music producer

"Life is like music. It must be composed by ear, with sensitivity and intuition, never by rigid rules."