Author Topic: Changing a voice in real time in a mid ifile i  (Read 2165 times)

Kaarlo von Freymann

Changing a voice in real time in a mid ifile i
« on: April 17, 2018, 06:45:06 AM »
Hello Everybody,
I use a lot of Yamaha Soft's excellent midi files as background muting the melody  in the midi file  and singing or playing the melody. (I guess you could call that Karaoke )   I have had not problem with using user voices in the midi file  except if  I  want to change one voice in the midi file during play back by substituting it by another voice,  disregarding to what octave I have programmed that  other user voice,  the midi file will play it in the original octave.  That means you cannot during playback change the voice from a baritone sax to a jazz flute  because  the flute will then be in the same octave as the baritone sax was. 
What I have done to overcome this is copy the voice to another channel and set chat channel to a different octave in Midifile Optimzer 8.  Having the low voice on one channel and the high voice on another channel and  using the sliders to choose which channel has volume and which not.

Of course the melody you play yourself will come in the right octave when you switch to a new user voice  that was given the right octave,  I am only referring to voices from a midi file.