Author Topic: FW 1.30 coming soon?  (Read 5163 times)

Offline voodoo

FW 1.30 coming soon?
« on: April 10, 2018, 04:34:05 AM »
There are rumours in a German Facebook group, that a new firmware is coming at or shortly after the Frankfurt Musikmesse. Possible new features include Voice-Guide and Audio-Phrazer (creation of own audio styles). So only rumours, but we will see. When nothing is expected, every new feature is a win. ;)

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Offline Gunnar Jonny

Re: FW 1.30 coming soon?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 05:59:05 AM »
Rumours is just that, rumours.
But time will tell. I have a feeling this is more close to true rumours than there is a 61 keys G coming. ;)
The good thing is that G is capable to load new stuff as firm- and softwareupdates. :)
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline voodoo

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 04:29:39 PM »
Version History
[V1.20 to V1.30]

-Added a new function: Voice Guide.

-The function "Voice Guide On/Off" is newly assignable to the ASSIGNABLE buttons or the foot pedals.

-Improved the settings of some One Touch Settings.

-Improved the performance when performing flick operations on the Menu display.

-Improved the operability when showing lyrics of the "MP3+G" type on the Lyrics display.

-Fixed a problem in which the "Expression" parameter of a part would be reset when the Voice of the part was changed from a particular S.Art2 Voice.

-Fixed a problem in which the "Play Root/Chord" setting of SFF Edit on the Style Creator display would not work properly.

-Fixed a problem in which the instrument would occasionally become unresponsive to operations when the Style was changed during playback of an Audio Style.

-Fixed a problem in which the instrument would, in certain situations, become unresponsive to operations when executing "Export Instrument Info" on the Expansion Menu display.

-Fixed a problem in which, under a certain situation, the Insertion Effect settings for the LEFT part would occasionally not be stored to the Registration Memory.

-Fixed a problem in which certain MP3 files would not playback properly.

-Fixed a problem in which the instrument would, in certain situation, become unresponsive to operations when attempting to save a User after memorizing a One Touch setting.

-Fixed a problem in which the Insertion Effect "Type" of one of the keyboard parts would occasionally be changed when the Insertion Effect "On/Off" of the part was turned off, from displays such as the Voice Edit display.

-Fixed a problem in which wireless LAN connection would not be established in Infrastructure mode, when the password included some special characters.

-Fixed other problems.
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

keynote

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 05:28:43 PM »
Interesting to say the least. For what it's worth Yamaha has removed firmware 1.20 from its USA website download section. Version 1.30 is a most welcome addition by the way. It would also be interesting to know what the "Fixed other problems" are all about but we should be able to discover them for ourselves once we install the new version. I noticed that the Europe download link for version 1.30 is not working. I guess Yamaha decided to wait until Musikmesse kicks off but who knows for sure.

Mike
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 05:51:29 PM by keynote »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 10:12:37 PM »
It is good that they are introducing help for the partially sighted in the update.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 04:41:19 AM »
Please someone, illuminate me: what means "Voice Guide"? ( :D )

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 04:48:32 AM »

Yamaha will probably send us a digital teacher to guide us when or if we're going to use our voices.
Be warned, I do sing like a bird, but don't forget, a Crow is a bird too.  ;D
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 04:52:17 AM »

We’ll find out when it’s released.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 07:57:07 AM »
I assume that this is something similar to the 'Voice Guide' function that was introduced with firmware version 1.20 for the CVP-609/605.

When enabled, this provides audio feedback in vocal form when a touch screen 'object' is selected, which could be useful for visually impaired users.

On the CVPs the function uses a '.wav' file download, which for the English language version is around 1.7 GB!

This is what the 'Version History' for CVP-609/605 firmware 1.20 says about voice Guide...

The Voice Guide function gives you audible information on the current display or
operation being executed, including the following features:

• You can hear the item name that you’ve touched on the screen.
• You can hear the title of the display called up, the name of the function being executed,
and the parameter value you’ve just set.
• You can hear messages on the screen.
• You can hear the name of the Preset Voice, Style, and Song you’ve just touched.
• You can hear the name of the button on the control panel you’ve just pressed.
To use this function, you need to download the Voice Guide (audio) file from the
Yamaha website, and save it to USB flash memory, which you then connect to this
instrument. For information on using Voice Guide, refer to the Voice Guide Tutorial
Manual (simple text file).
For information on downloading Voice Guide (audio) files and the Voice Guide Tutorial
Manual, access the site of your product via the URL below, then see the “Features” page:
http://www.yamaha.com/

Voice Guide
NOTE
You can also simply hear the item name that you’ve touched without having to execute the
corresponding operation.

The 'manual' for the function includes...

What is Voice Guide?

When Voice Guide is active, the instrument gives audible information on the current display or operation being executed, allowing those who have visual impairments to enjoy playing and using the instrument. Included among the various convenient features of Voice Guide are the following.

- You can operate the instrument while hearing the information shown in the display.
- You can recognize the display called up, the function being executed, and the parameter value you’ve set.
- You can recognize the preset Voice names, preset Style names and preset Song names.
- You can recognize display messages.
- You can recognize the button names on the control panel.

Regards

Ian

The following users thanked this post: Joe H, pjd, Gunnar Jonny, KeyboardByBiggs

Offline valimaties

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2018, 03:01:39 PM »
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 03:05:20 PM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos