Author Topic: Registration Bank does not always change my settings  (Read 4183 times)

Offline jdup

Registration Bank does not always change my settings
« on: April 08, 2018, 12:34:40 PM »
I have a PSR-S770. I have successfully set up about a dozen Registration Banks, with one song per bank. I thank Fred Smith and all the others - I truly learned a lot from your articles and videos.

However, I find that when I press the J Button and select a Registration (Song), it chooses and displays the name of the desired Registration Bank. I then press the Registration keys #1, #2, etc. However, it does not always successfully change over my settings. Instead, many times, it uses the previously entered Registrations from the previous song.

What I am doing incorrectly? Is there a step I am missing?

I m grateful for any help you can provide.

Thanks.

Jim Duprey
Jim Duprey
Genos, Bose S1 Pro (2)
Former Keyboard: PSR-S770

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Registration Bank does not always change my settings
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 12:46:03 PM »
I have a PSR-S770. I have successfully set up about a dozen Registration Banks, with one song per bank. I thank Fred Smith and all the others - I truly learned a lot from your articles and videos.

However, I find that when I press the J Button and select a Registration (Song), it chooses and displays the name of the desired Registration Bank. I then press the Registration keys #1, #2, etc. However, it does not always successfully change over my settings. Instead, many times, it uses the previously entered Registrations from the previous song.

What I am doing incorrectly? Is there a step I am missing?

I m grateful for any help you can provide.

Post your registration here and we’ll take a look at it for you. Also tell us what settings aren’t being changed.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Pino

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 01:57:23 PM »
When you load a Registration the settings will not change until you press a Registration button, eg, registration 1
If you have checked all the boxes when holding down the ‘memory’ button before saving the registration, then all should load as per your settings.

Pino

Offline jdup

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 04:23:56 AM »
Thanks, I realize now that the settings ARE changing to the new Registration.

The reason I was puzzled is that when I clicked the Memory Key, it did not show the check boxes the way that I selected them. However, the result was correct, so I guess that is all that matters.

One final question: Is there any way to successfully edit an existing Registration? For example, if I wanted to modify the Pedal Setting in R1 without ruining R2 through R4?

Also, when I backed up the system, it did not give me Registration files, only a .bup file which was blocked by the Forum. How can I download the RGT files?

You guys are great. Thanks for all of your help.

Jim Duprey
Jim Duprey
Genos, Bose S1 Pro (2)
Former Keyboard: PSR-S770

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 06:47:04 AM »
Thanks, I realize now that the settings ARE changing to the new Registration.

The reason I was puzzled is that when I clicked the Memory Key, it did not show the check boxes the way that I selected them. However, the result was correct, so I guess that is all that matters.

This is the most annoying (and confusing) thing about registrations on Yamaha keyboards. The Memory screen shows the groups you last ticked, not the groups memorized in the currently loaded registration. We've been complaining about this for decades, but to no avail.

One final question: Is there any way to successfully edit an existing Registration? For example, if I wanted to modify the Pedal Setting in R1 without ruining R2 through R4?

Absolutely. Just re-memorize R1, then save the registration.

Also, when I backed up the system, it did not give me Registration files, only a .bup file which was blocked by the Forum. How can I download the RGT files?

Just copy the registration to a USB stick, then download (or upload) it from there.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons