Author Topic: Question: Is it possible to move a section of a song?  (Read 3178 times)

Offline svpworld

Question: Is it possible to move a section of a song?
« on: April 06, 2018, 06:42:18 PM »
Is it possible to move a section of a midi recorded song and then close up the gap using the Genos sequencer?  For example I would like move a chorus between measure 30 and 40 to the end of the song (say measure 80), and then close up the gap left.  Alternatively could I copy an entire section of a song I've recorded to another position in my song e.g. replace chorus 3 with my recording of chorus 2?   I can see in the step editor there is the ability to copy events on a single midi channel, but not for all channels in the song. Also I'm not sure this would work for an exact measure range or if it just takes the exact note positions instead.... 
I tend to do this sort of thing in Logic Pro X with the midi file, but sometimes I find logic isn't too happy with the spacing of sys ex and control events that Genos records into a midi file. Also on times if I then take the midi file back into Genos, it doesn't always catch up with the program changes/control messages right at the start of the song.

Simon