Author Topic: Tyros 4 Exit Button  (Read 4582 times)

musicalmemoriesuk

Tyros 4 Exit Button
« on: April 06, 2018, 04:45:59 AM »
My Tyros 4 Exit button is a bit tepremental. Is there any other way I can get back to the main screen other than pressing the direct access and exit button ?

Offline travlin-easy

Re: Tyros 4 Exit Button
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 12:24:04 PM »
Unfortunately, No! You are not the first person to encounter this problem, and it's not just a Tyros problem - it happens with every Yamaha arranger keyboard with those damned rubber buttons that eventually fail.

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

The following users thanked this post: sugarplumsss

Offline Mikk

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 05:01:02 AM »
I have had this problem with all sorts of electronics that have switches, sliders, buttons,mobile phones,circuity boards, motherboards and many contacts which have started to do exactly as you have described.
A Roland "Juno 6" which has a few sliders worked like new after I used the contact cleaner.
I had it for about  35 years,  when I used the spray.
I bought a product   called Hanster. "530 precision electronic environmentally friendly cleaning agent" I got it from our local auction site called "TradeMe" about $20.

I have had  complete success with it and it does not have any detrimental effect on surrounding body parts (plastics,metal etc).

With other keyboards, Mostly older Rolands which, often some keys stop working properly, I open them up and spray all the key contacts. it works a charm.
Here is a link for you.
https://www.yoycart.com/Product/527821012654/

They one I have is in a blue and white can 530
I love it.   

P.S. It has, a  not too strong pleasant smell.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 05:04:43 AM by Mikk »
I Believe in the K.I.S.S. Principle.

There is no cloud. It is storage space
                     on someones computer.

The following users thanked this post: sugarplumsss

Offline sugarplumsss

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 10:47:17 PM »
Yeah, My T4 buttons are getting pretty buggy, but I put up with it. I know I will have to pay a $100 an hour price to have them eventually corrected.
Has anyone gone the repair man route, and found a positive experience when you get back your revamped T4? The new buttons behave, well, like new?
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.