Author Topic: GENOS STYLES TO CONVERT TO GM FORMAT  (Read 5181 times)

Osvaldo De Souza

GENOS STYLES TO CONVERT TO GM FORMAT
« on: April 02, 2018, 01:10:59 AM »
1st April 2018

Good morning,

Is there a software program that can convert a MIDI FILE (Channels 9 to Channel 16) where I have sequenced a song using GENOS STYLES to GM MIDI.

The reason for this conversion is that the Midi File sequenced on GENOS keyboard can be played on other keyboards.

The other alternative is to individually change the voice instruments for each channel using GM voice instruments.

Thanks and regards
Oz

Offline pieterpan

Re: GENOS STYLES TO CONVERT TO GM FORMAT
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 02:57:42 AM »
Oz,

I think Heiko Plate's PSR-Utils can do the trick.

http://www.heikoplate.de/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=67&Itemid=83

Regards <> Piet
Yamaha Tyros 4 - Yamaha KX 25 - Gem WSII module

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 07:21:04 AM »
Keep in mind, no matter how you do this your MIDI file will be colored by the gear you use to play back the file, or rather the sound source you use for that playback. There is usually some editing and tweaking required.
Check Out My YouTube Channel! https://goo.gl/edbXFS

Offline andyg

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 01:22:40 AM »
And you'll get some odd notes and effects when you play back parts that were written for Mega Voices!

Always some tweaking, I'd say!
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

The following users thanked this post: KeyboardByBiggs

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 03:30:33 AM »
Yes, I'd say that MIDI files-- be they songs or styles-- which use only GM voices for maximum compatibility between different keyboard models should always be revoiced and tweaked ("re-effects-ted"?) to use the best available voices and effects on whichever brand and model of keyboard you intend to use them on. For that matter, if you're going to be playing the file with a computer program-- a DAW or other MIDI sequencer-- and using a MIDI soft synth or virtual instrument collection for generating the sounds, then tweak the file for that.

The following users thanked this post: KeyboardByBiggs