Author Topic: Display Specification of my Tyros 5 - How?  (Read 8004 times)

stitch-up

Display Specification of my Tyros 5 - How?
« on: April 01, 2018, 04:14:43 PM »
Good Easter Sunday morning to everyone from a sunny Wales, UK :)

Just a quick question.

How can I display the keyboard's specification?

What memory? What size hard drive? etc etc. I can then work out what I can buy for it :)

Many thanks

John

Offline EileenL

Re: Display Specification of my Tyros 5 - How?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 09:12:11 PM »
Tyros 5 Hard Drive is 500 Gb. I was never able to fill it.

Offline deepsae48

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 09:27:04 PM »
stitch-up,

Here is the Specifications for Tyros5-61/Tyros5-76

[attachment deleted by admin]

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK

stitch-up

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 11:55:48 PM »
Thanks everyone :)

I understood that one Tyros 5/76 could differ from another by virtue of 'optional extras' installed - I'm a little unsure as to what extras, if any, have been fitted to mine! Thought there might be some way of displaying the configuration.

Thanks again,

John

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 03:53:43 AM »
Hi John,

I'm not sure if you are 'chain yanking' with your OP, considering the date of posting and your user name, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and answer!   :-\

The only real 'optional extra' storage device that can be fitted 'internally' to a Tyros5 is an expansion memory module.

This is only required if you want to install expansion voices or voice packs which use new wave samples that are not built into the keyboard's wave ROM.  Any new wave samples must be loaded into the fast flash memory in theses modules.

There are only a few options available which vary by the amount of memory on the expansion module and the manufacturer.

Yamaha sell (at inflated prices! :o) modules containing 512MB (FL512FM) and 1024 MB (FL 1024FM).

There is another manufacturer (Mutec) that sells it's own version of the modules in 512MB (FMC-05), 1024MB  (FMC-06) and 2048 MB (FMC-07) sizes at lower prices.

Although on earlier Tyros models you could see the total memory size and the amount used (but not the brand!) of any memory module fitted from a display on the keyboard, the Tyros5 does not have this feature.

Instead you can see the size from the 'Yamaha Expansion Manager' program on a computer once you have copied an ID file from the keyboard to the program. This program is used to manage, edit, and even create expansion voices, and produce an installation file (PPI) containing your selection which is used to actually install such content on the keyboard.  You can download this program from the Yamaha Support website.

Alternatively you could check visually if you turn the keyboard over and use a screwdriver to open the compartment on the bottom that contains the module.

Regarding the internal hard drive, it is very easy to install a larger one should you want to, but the factory fitted one is at least 500GB, so I can't imagine why you would want to!  You can check the size of this on the keyboard without getting your toolbox out!

To do this press FUNCTION > UTILITY > Tab to MEDIA.  Use the A & B buttons if necessary to select HD1, and press PROPERTY (F button).

Regards

Ian

stitch-up

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 04:05:58 AM »
Thanks Ian,

No, not pulling anyone's leg I promise - even despite the screen name :) :) The screen name is one we use in our home based t-shirt printing business Stitch-Up Creative and I tend to use it in most forums I join - geez i spend to much time on forums :) :)

I wrongly believed there were many different options for the Tyros 5 but it seems not.

I'm just thoroughly enjoying me keyboard and wondered if there was anything I was missing.

Thanks for the detailed answer.

Hope everyone enjoyed a great Easter - back to work tomorrow :(

Regards

John aka Stitch-Up :) :)

Offline Will49

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2018, 01:56:01 PM »
Good Easter Sunday morning to everyone from a sunny Wales, UK :)
Hi John. So that makes at least two Tyros 5 owners here in Wales then 😉 (I have the 76 note version). We're almost at the opposite ends of Wales though, as I see that your T-shirt printing business is not far from Bridgend in the South and I'm right at the top on the Isle of Anglesey in the North. But I'm also reasonably familiar with your neck of the woods as my wife's family on her motber's side came from Pontycymer! Hope you're enjoying your T5 as much as I'm enjoying mine! 😊

Kind regards,
Will

Offline EileenL

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 08:40:16 PM »
Hi Will,
  My Grand Daughter is at Bangor University and loves that part of Wales.

Offline Will49

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2018, 07:59:50 AM »
Hi Will, My Grand Daughter is at Bangor University and loves that part of Wales.
Hello Eileen. Well well, small world isn't it! We're literally 15 minutes away from Bangor by car, i.e: via the bridge (a choice of two) that crosses the Menai Strait to Anglesey, then head West in the direction of Holyhead, past the famous village that has the long name... Llanfairpwllgwyngyll...etc, etc., to the next one called Gaerwen, and that's where we are. Your granddaughter would be very welcome to call round any time. Does she take after you as a keyboard player at all? If so, perhaps she could give me a few tips! 😉

Kind regards,
Will

Offline EileenL

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2018, 11:36:48 PM »
Hi Will,
  She is studying Archaeology and want's to be a curator of a museum. She started to play clarinet for a while but her real love is Ancient History. She does have a lovely singing voice though. My younger Grand Daughter is the musical one and writes her own songs for piano.

Offline Will49

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2018, 04:31:14 PM »
Hi Eileen, Best wishes to your granddaughter with her studies at Bangor Uni. Hope she continues to be happy up here in North Wales, and will eventually achieve her goal of becoming a museum curator! And all the best also to your younger granddaughter with her love of music.

Kind regards,
Will

Offline EileenL

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2018, 08:12:07 PM »
Thank you Will for your kind wishes. Much appreciated.