Author Topic: Yamaha PSR-E363 USB-Audio (questions about principles of work)  (Read 5598 times)

Practical Senses

Hi!
I'm planning to buy Yamaha PSR-E363 and have some questions regarding it's Audio over USB.
1. As far as I understand it's a kind of audio interface, so is Steinberg audio driver ASIO capable?
2. If not, will it work with ASIO4ALL?
3. Is it a literally doubled audio output of the synth? So, if I connect something to Aux In, will it be transmitted via USB to PC or USB-Audio carry only keyboard sounds itself?
Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 05:00:07 PM by Practical Senses »

Offline panos

Re: Yamaha PSR-E363 USB-Audio (questions about principles of work)
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 03:32:14 AM »
https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/portable_keyboards/psr-e363/downloads.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiCXz1L1G2o

I don't own an E363.It is a new keyboard so I guess is got all features for connecting to a pc either by transfering midi orders or audio.

In manual it says that Aux in is used for transfering audio from a device to the keyboard.
see pages 30-31 of the manual.

In page 48 they say it can transmit Audio data to a pc with the USB TO HOST 

Connecting the [USB TO HOST] terminal of this
instrument and the computer via a USB cable allows
you to transmit/receive MIDI and Audio data (USB
Audio) to/from the computer. For details on using a
computer with this instrument, refer to the online PDF
manual (page 8) “Computer-related Operations.”
The [MASTER VOLUME] dial setting on this instrument
does not affect the signal output to USB Audio.
By connecting your iPhone/iPad to the instrument,
you can take advantage of various functions. For
details on connections, refer to the online PDF manual
(page 8) “iPhone/iPad Connection Manual.” For
information about the compatible smart devices and
application tools, access the following page:
https://www.yamaha.com/kbdapps/

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 03:43:33 AM by panos »

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 05:04:52 AM »
Hi!
I'm planning to buy Yamaha PSR-E363 and have some questions regardless it's Audio over USB.
1. As far as I understand it's kind of audio interface, so is Steinberg audio driver ASIO capable?

Yes, the Steinberg USB driver uses ASIO. I'm not sure if this is explicitly stated anywhere, but it's implied in the following comment under "Main Revisions and Enhancement" for "V1.9.11 to V1.10.0":

Added selections of 32 samples to the buffer size setting of the ASIO driver.

https://usa.yamaha.com/support/updates/yamaha_steinberg_usb_driver_for_win.html

2. If not, will it work with ASIO4ALL?

ASIO and ASIO4ALL are used by computer programs-- such as DAWs-- to send audio data to a sound card in a more direct and immediate fashion.

If you want the computer program to send audio data to the PSR-E363 so the sound comes out of its speakers, then use the Steinberg ASIO driver.

If you don't want to use the keyboard's speakers, but want to use the computer's speakers instead, then you can use ASIO4ALL if you don't have an ASIO driver for your computer's sound card.

3. Is it literally doubled audio output of the synth? So, if I connect something to Aux In will it be transmitted via USB to PC or USB-Audio carry only keyboard sounds itself?
Thanks in advanced!

I'm not certain about that, but I think it might transmit the AUX IN audio as well-- I'll have to try it to confirm.

Practical Senses

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 05:12:13 PM »
I'm not certain about that, but I think it might transmit the AUX IN audio as well-- I'll have to try it to confirm.

Thank you for your help!
It would be really great if this keyboard is capable to transfer Aux-in via USB-Audio, in this case I'll plug my guitar preamp in it and record synth and guitar altogether:)