Author Topic: Tyros 4 - No sound  (Read 7212 times)

Offline Key 1

Tyros 4 - No sound
« on: March 28, 2018, 04:46:07 PM »
My T4 has recently locked up with no sound on a couple of occasions which left people not able to dance, not to mention my frustration.
This happened about 1 year ago & has been good ever since.
However it happened 1 week ago and again twice last weekend.

Last weekend it happened after I loaded a file from my Flash Drive.   I switched the power off, & then on again & it was ok.   When I went to start playing after about 5 minutes later, there was no sound.    I again switched off the power & then on again and didn't have any more trouble for the rest of the weekend.

When this happened about a week ago,  it was in the middle of a nights playing.  I repeated the above procedure & then everything was ok.

All of the lights remained lit on the keyboard,  with no error messages on the screen.

I would be interested to know if anyone else has encountered this problem,  or if anyone has any suggestions re. a fault / cause / fix.

Regards

Alan

Offline EileenL

Re: Tyros 4 - No sound
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 08:55:53 PM »
Had you by any chance been using the fade button. Did you look at the screen to see if the volumes were where they should be.

Offline Key 1

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 08:20:49 PM »
Hi Eileen,
- I've never used the fade button.
- No, I didn't check the volumes on the screen.  Will do so if it happens again.

Regards

Alan

Offline pieterpan

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 11:12:22 PM »
Alan,

Did you use a headphones with a adapter, pull the headphones out and leave the adapter in??

Mayby this helps <> Piet
Yamaha Tyros 4 - Yamaha KX 25 - Gem WSII module

Offline Key 1

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 04:28:14 PM »
Hi Pieterpan,

No, I don't use headphones.

Regards  Alan

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2018, 08:53:50 AM »
Piet mentioned the fact that you may have used headphones and left the adapter in the headphone jack.  I know you said you don't use headphones, but just for grins, I would try the following:

Place an adapter or a pair of headphones in the headphone jack and then remove it.  Do this two or three times and see if this corrects what is happening with your Tyros 4.  The contacts may be stuck.  I have a Tyros 4 too and I've had to do this a few times to restore the sound coming from the speakers.

I hope this helps you.  :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Offline Key 1

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2018, 07:57:56 PM »
Hi Roger,

Thanks for the info.  I'll try this next weekend when all the gear is set up.  Will be working Friday , Saturday, Sunday.
I hope it doesn't throw a turn in the middle of a dance.

Last night, same story.   For no apparent reason between tunes I lost the sound. 
A repeat of the previous fix had it back working again.

Regards

Alan

Offline Key 1

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2018, 01:57:59 PM »
Hello Roger,

On the Friday Night, I lost the sound once again.    I plugged in a pair of headphones & also had no sound there as well.

As suggested by yourself,  I done this several times, then powered down & powered up the T4.
I have not had this problem since then.

Regards & Thankyou

Alan

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2018, 02:19:41 PM »
You're welcome, Alan.  I'm glad I was able to help you.  :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page