Author Topic: PSR-E463 and EW410 manual and datalist downloads!  (Read 9774 times)

Offline SciNote

PSR-E463 and EW410 manual and datalist downloads!
« on: March 23, 2018, 05:20:08 PM »
Here ya go!

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/portable_keyboards/psr-e463/downloads.html#product-tabs

I've taken a glance, and found a few things...

It doesn't seem like there is much of a change in the voice selection, but I'd have to take a closer look.

The sustain pedal function still does not affect split voices.

The on/off status of the DSP is now stored in a registration.
Bob
Current: Yamaha PSR-E433 (x2), Roland GAIA SH-01, Casio CDP-200R, Casio MT-68 (wired to bass pedals)
Past: Yamaha PSR-520, PSR-510, PSR-500, DX-7, D-80 home organ, and a few Casios

The following users thanked this post: Jay B.

SeaGtGruff

Re: PSR-E463 and EW410 manual and datalist downloads!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 11:32:33 AM »
Apparently there is no Music Database feature on the PSR-E463/PSR-EW410. :(

pquenin

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 06:34:50 PM »
What do you mean by Music Database ? What I see is that there is nothing less or more than on the PSR-E453 : 30 presets songs, and other songs downloadable from the Yamaha site...

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 06:53:15 PM »
The Music Database is a feature on the PSR-E453 and prior models that lets you call up a voice, style, and tempo which are suitable for playing a particular song, although the database entries have names which can be a bit cryptic. For example, entry number 1 is "Jude Hey," which is rather easy to figure out, but some of the other names are less obvious.

AnupamEnosh

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 08:18:45 PM »
I am a live performer, and to be honest, Music Database is a valueless feature for me, because if I need to arrange a song, I will quickly set up the parameters myself, instead of looking at the Database for a match.

Offline vbdx66

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2018, 09:54:03 PM »
Hi Anupam,

I agree with you, the Music Database is rather useless except maybe for kids or beginners. The best solution is indeed to listen to the actual recording of the song you want to play and to make your own settings accordingly.

It will be interesting, though, to see whether the next Psr E3x3 will still have the Music Database.

Best Regards,

Vinciane
Past keyboards: PSR E313, PSR E413, PSR E433, PSR S550, DGX 640, upright piano.
Now: DGX 650, Casio CT-X800.

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 05:48:25 AM »
I don't use it myself, but someone on another forum pointed out that it's missing, and said that it's one of the features he likes to use-- so he may end up buying a PSR-EW400 rather than a PSR-EW410. I know that a lot of PSR-S, Tyros, and Genos users like to use the Music Finder, which is essentially the same as the Music Database except I think it contains a bit more information and you can add your own records to it.

pquenin

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2018, 07:37:53 AM »
Oh yes, you're right, I have never paid attention to this "Music database" button on the PSR-E453.  It looks like registration "presets"...

AnupamEnosh

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2018, 11:39:59 AM »
Because the music database provides music accustomed to the western genres, it may or may not be usable in oriental genres. If I have to arrange a song for Indipop music, I make a lot of changes to the voice/style presets. At times, it has been not possible to arrange the rhythmic portion of the songs, so in such cases, I have to play either non-rhythmic solo, or call myself a percussionist.

Definitely music database has been a good feature for beginners who aspire to learn arranging music, and finding the right genre of a specified song.

Offline SciNote

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2018, 04:07:03 PM »
It is a bit of a surprise that Yamaha deleted the music database for the E463, considering how common that feature (or something similar to it) is throughout the line of Yamaha keyboards.  Does a keyboard really need 70 preset songs?  A keyboard is for playing music, not listening to prerecorded music.  I would think that it would've been better to reduce the number of preset songs to allow room for the music database.  As I recall, when the E443 came out, they reduced the number of preset songs from 100 (in the E433) to about 30, presumably to "make room" for new-at-the-time features like audio-in and tunable scales.

But, as I rarely use styles except for the drums, the lack of the music database feature would in no way be a deal-breaker for me.  I'm debating on whether it's time to upgrade, or whether I'll kick the can down the road two more years and wait for the E473, since there aren't any really major changes to the E463 from the E453, other than the sampling and audio recording.

So... from my E433 to the E463, the main things I'd get are...

A few more sounds and styles and DJ patterns
Tunable scales
Audio in
DSP effects
USB audio out to computer
48 note polyphony
Sampling
Additional knob effects for the background
Audio recording to USB

Out of all those, I would probably use the DSP effects, 48 note polyphony, and sampling feature the most.  And maybe the ability to add reverb to the drums of the style would be nice.

But otherwise, things like the 6-track sequencer, the 32 registration memories, the operation of the rhythm section (styles and drum fills), the sustain pedal (still no split voice sustain), overall voice quality (which has always been excellent), and operation of synth features like the filter and envelope generator remain essentially identical to the E433.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 04:09:25 PM by SciNote »
Bob
Current: Yamaha PSR-E433 (x2), Roland GAIA SH-01, Casio CDP-200R, Casio MT-68 (wired to bass pedals)
Past: Yamaha PSR-520, PSR-510, PSR-500, DX-7, D-80 home organ, and a few Casios

AnupamEnosh

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2018, 09:30:37 PM »
IMO, upgrading to any E4x3/3x3/2x3 keyboards from E433 in future, will be a firsthand disappointment for you, because the physical mechanism and feel of the keys are too plastic and uncomfortable. The black keys are thinner than before and with not-so-smooth matte black finish, that fails to put in the feel of playing real organ-keys. Sometimes you may feel as if the keys are bit too sticky, so you cannot play melodies quickly, or might even hurt your fingers, or break a key ! I have never played myself a EW400, but as the youtube reviews highlight, its keys are similar to that of E433/PSR S-series arrangers. Rest can be explained by Sir Michael himself, if this is true enough. Still I am leaving a link, through which I came to know about this :
https://youtu.be/bHQJuSDCBqs

If you are comfortable with that, then perhaps E-463 is the best keyboard in its price bracket. I had no other choice except E453, because EW400 never came to Indian market, nor will EW410; and I455 is too old (outdated) for my choices :)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 09:39:52 PM by AnupamEnosh »