Author Topic: Song Specific Genos Styles  (Read 6378 times)

Offline porterma

Song Specific Genos Styles
« on: March 27, 2018, 06:37:38 AM »
Hi,
The Genos, as we all now know, has about 200 new styles ( I realize some are the same as the old style with just a new name).
I am curious to know from the new Genos owners what specific songs they have found to work really well with each of these new styles.
All of us who have owned Tyros and PSR keyboards have discovered over the years styles that really work well with certain songs - in fact, there are lists of "suggested styles" for certain songs.
Obviously none of these lists have yet been updated to include the Genos set of styles.
So if you have found a specific song that works well with one of the new styles I would really appreciate hearing from you.

Thank you,

Mark

Offline panos

Re: Song Specific Genos Styles
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 06:44:48 AM »
I have made a list in comments for the RetroPop styles of Genos by watching this video.
I don't know if you looking something like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMe93grtg0Q&t=2748s

Offline rattley

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 07:47:23 AM »
Once again I toot my horn telling you how much I miss the Repertoire function from past Tyros models. Genos doesn't have it. I used to use it all the time to get song suggestions from a style. I can't believe there were so few of us using it, that they didn't include it on Genos.  -charley

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 07:51:23 AM »
Once again I toot my horn telling you how much I miss the Repertoire function from past Tyros models. Genos doesn't have it. I used to use it all the time to get song suggestions from a style. I can't believe there were so few of us using it, that they didn't include it on Genos.  -charley

To a certain degree I miss it too, but there is a work around. Take an MFD file from your favorite Yamaha arranger then iimport/convert it as a playlist and you'll get the  a list of tunes matched to a particular style.
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline porterma

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 09:09:54 AM »
Hi Panos,
Originally I was just looking to see what songs individuals were actually playing on their keyboards using the new styles.
For example, I am playing the Phil Collins song, "Another Day in Paradise" using the new Genos style : 80's Synth Ballad.
I was just looking to see what other songs people were playing.
However, this Youtube video you pointed me to was great! And as you said you were able to identify so many songs that could be used for these styles.
Thanks for making the list in the "Comments" section.
I would still appreciate hearing from others on what songs they are using the new styles with.

Thanks for the help,

Mark