Author Topic: Playing back a MIDI song  (Read 4383 times)

Playing back a MIDI song
« on: March 25, 2018, 08:25:34 AM »
Hi gang,

I recorded a brief MIDI song on the Genos. I saved it, but I have no idea where it is! There's nothing in the manual that describes how to play back a MIDI song - only how to record one.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 08:54:23 PM by Lee Batchelor »
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline EileenL

Re: Playing back a MIDI song
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 09:30:21 PM »
Hi Lee,
  If when you have finished recording you then press the Save Button you can then decide where you want to save it. I have a folder on my USER called MIDI I just open that up and then press SAVE HERE. Then you can name the song and press OK. Now press one of the song buttons either A or B and make sure you set it to midi. Now go to the folder and select the folder and then your song. Now press the button on the song player and you will hear your song.

The following users thanked this post: Lee Batchelor

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 10:54:18 PM »
Many thanks Eileen. When I tapped Save Here, I have no idea where "here" was (LOL)! It was just a test song. I'll try your suggestion. Thanks again :)!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 12:09:17 AM »
Many thanks Eileen. When I tapped Save Here, I have no idea where "here" was (LOL)! It was just a test song. I'll try your suggestion. Thanks again :)!

When it says "Save here", look at the bottom of the screen. That will show you the path (drive and folder) where the file will be saved.

Hope this helps,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 12:13:35 AM »
Right, I've seen that path before. I could likely record another test song, perform a Save, and the previous location will be disclosed.

Thanks Fred!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 12:14:46 AM by Lee Batchelor »

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 01:02:31 AM »
By default, they are usually saved in the USER area. Unfortunately, if you did not save the song prior to turning off the keyboard, then it will be lost. You must press the New Song button, then tab to USER and select save, then provide the song with a name.

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 02:05:11 AM »
Absolutely correct, Gary. I made another one and noted the path as C:\User. Thanks!