Author Topic: Style Magic for Genos  (Read 12363 times)

Offline ugawoga

Style Magic for Genos
« on: March 23, 2018, 05:17:26 AM »
Hi
I have been trying to purchase Style magic and have to purchase by downloading an orderfile

I cannot open this file as It says               Trojan.Gen.8 cloud
I try to stop my Norton Anti- Virus for 15 minutes and have another go

Now It says that It is a program compatible with Windows 8 and not 10.
I trust Thomas as I have Midisoft Yamaha midi program.
I still await a reply from Thomas whom I emailed this morning.
Anyone else had this problem.

all the Best
john
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 04:49:29 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline micdonk

Re: Style Magic for Genos problem
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 05:39:12 AM »
Hi John,
I have purchased style magic resently. (2 weeks ago)
With no problems with Windows 10.

All the best,
Michel

WolfBack

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 06:07:29 AM »
Maybe the Norton keeps the source file on a quarantine list.
Try to download the source file from your email and install it again (with Norton disabled!)
If this won't work, right click on the source file, click "Properties", choose "Compatibly", check "Run this program in compatibility for:" and choose Windows Vista or Windows 7.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 06:33:46 AM »
Hi
I was warned about this trojan and ignored It as I do know these people are good.
I have got around the problem by retrieving the deleted file from Quarantine and disabling Norton for 15 minutes.
I filled In form and replied YES.
A weird way of buying a product
How long do i have to wait for my software .
I have ticked box to pay with paypal but I have not gone to my Paypal site
Do they somehow take your payment out without you giving It the ok from Paypal .
There Is no paypal processing going on>.
All this is a bit weird!!!

All the best
John

Ps I will check out my computer to see If no nasties are In there.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 07:03:48 AM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

WolfBack

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 06:48:15 AM »
How long do i have to wait for my software .
Thomas claims that:
Pay and wait for the full version software (delivery time - min 0,5 h, max 48 h)

There Is no paypal processing going on>.
That's strange....
You must see the transaction with midisoft (or thomas) on your paypal account.

Offline panos

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 06:54:17 AM »
https://community.norton.com/en/forums/trojangen8-false
Some people complaining about the Trojan.Gen.8!cloud.
Of course every antivirus has to warn you when an .exe file is going to be installed on your computer and if you sure about it's origin and if you trust it.
Sometimes antivirus programs overeact to anything.
John, I think Thomas will just send you the program when he checks his e-mails.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 07:20:05 AM by panos »

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2018, 07:00:28 AM »
Hi Panos
I know Norton over exagerates now and then.
looking forward to using style Magic as I have gone through the videos and happy about the workflow.
As long as those Russians have not hacked my computer.
No worries, I do not have much to hide anyway.

Hi Anton

I will be patient now and wait for Thomas to get things in motion

All the Best
John
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 07:02:46 AM by ugawoga »

Offline panos

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2018, 07:09:00 AM »
And I am looking forward to listen to your new recordings!
I hope hackers won't steal them from you.   ;D

Offline Joe H

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2018, 07:16:56 AM »
John,

The latest version of StyleMagic has an improved Piano Roll Editor (multieditor) You can select from several resolutions. 1/16 note is pretty good. It takes awhile to get the hang of it, but its a good program especially for editing styles, swapping Sections around.  You can also Export an entire Section to disk and load a Section into one of the empty Section placeholders then drag it to where you want it. (Delete the unwanted Section first)

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2018, 07:33:27 AM »
Hi John,

This 'problem' with buying programs from the MIDISOFT site has been occurring for years!

In order to protect programs such as StyleMagic, Thomas uses a method which locks the program to a specific USB memory stick that you provide.  As part of the ordering process, the USB stick that you want to use should be connected to the computer and the Ordersoft program will interrogate the stick to establish its ID.  The main program that you finally download after the purchasing process is completed (e.g. StyleMagic) will only then work if that USB stick is connected to the computer. In other words the USB stick becomes a protection 'dongle' for the program.

Any virus checking program worth having should go ballistic by the process of a downloaded .exe file trying to get the details of a connected USB device, because this is seen as a suspicious action.  In spite of Norton's reputation (as being basically useless!), it does seem to have been awake when you tried to order StyleMagic!

So you need to set your virus checker up so that it allows OrderSoft to do it's thing, or temporarily disable the virus checker (I would not recommend the latter if it can be avoided)!

Regarding PayPal, every time I have used PayPal to pay for goods online, the sellers website takes me to the PayPal website where I  can log in, and the details of the transaction are waiting for me to confirm and authorise.   The fact that this didn't happen for you suggests to me that the ordering process did not complete successfully, which probably accounts for why you haven't yet received a download link from Thomas.

So you should contact Thomas to check that your order was actually successfully placed.

One final point for anyone using PayPal. Whenever I pay for online goods using it, after authorising the transaction in PayPal, it normally returns you to the seller's website which tells you if payment was successful.  In my case I am always left logged in to PayPal after leaving the site by this process!  I have to go to the PayPal site and manually log out to actually log me out!

Regards

Ian

Offline alvinc

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2018, 10:50:15 AM »
Hi John,

I don't have any problem of ordering, receiving, installing and using StyleMagic YA on my WIN 10 computer. Probably you could check whether your problem is caused by your anti-virus program.
Remember you have to pluck in a USB flash drive since the program will use this as a dongle.
Alvin
PSR S670
Life is wrapped in beauty.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2018, 01:20:40 PM »
John,

It is important to disconnect ALL USB drives except the USB pen drive you wish to use as a dongle.  The ordersoft program will search for the USB drive and fetch the serial number of the drive which will serve as the ID along with your email and surname. 

StyleMagic is portable meaning once installed on your PC you can copy the StyleMagic folder from Drive C of your PC and put it on the USB dongle if you want and it will run on any machine you plug the dongle into. Just navigate to the StyleMagic.exe file and double click on it.

By the Way... MidiWorks v3.0 supports Genos also with all the DSP assignments and has a pretty decent Karaoke Editor if you have a need for one. And If you tell Thomas that you want to buy MidiWorks and use the same dongle for both StyleMagic and MidiWorks that is possible to do.  Yes just one dongle for both programs.

Joe H
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 01:25:02 PM by Joe H »

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Joe H

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2018, 01:34:11 PM »
Alvin,

Did you see my post over here:   http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,43636.msg344840.html#msg344840

That's what I would like YEM Voice Editor to become.

:)

Joe H

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2018, 06:41:13 PM »
And I am looking forward to listen to your new recordings!
I hope hackers won't steal them from you.   ;D

Hi Panos

I have done a few tunes on the Genos ,but I am unhappy with them as when I listen, I find little niggles.
So Now I have gone back over these songs and  will redo them until I get happy.
It is hard to get the volumes and quality just right ,when you listen to the songs on different  devices.
I have six registrations done now and they are the finished songs  and I will fiddle with them until I get all at the same quality and volumes.( like a template to work from)
With style Magic I can make my own starts middles and finnishes. Klaus from EMC Styleworks does not seem to be working on his updates anymore  and there Is no movement on his website for a couple of years now.
Style Magic looks great from the video's. Markers ,sections and Cm7 and you seem to be away. Also Auto Casm. Move things around to different slots. Sounds good to me.
I am not a pro player by any means and It is sheer hard practice for me as I do not want to automate  too much.
Slowly things now at 67 are coming together for me as I started late playing keyboards. I still feel like a 20 year old In all departments!!
Now I cannot put the Genos down. it Is so addictive.
The more you can do, means less programming and I prefer to do that and make minor changes.
I have taken in critism from the hardliners and I am working on all suggestions and still learning.
My biggest critic Is my other half and she tells me when It Is not quite right!!!
I do want to combine vst with the Genos and make my own music.
I will have a go when I have got around the Genos and Cubase.
The main thing for me is variety and practice and a few Hot Tub  holiday  weekends away!!

All the Best
John

Offline Joe H

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2018, 12:52:26 AM »
John,

You can save a style as a MIDI file in StyleMagic and load it into your favorite DAW of PC sequencer.  The Section Markers will be intact.  Also MidiWorks support all 16 DSP Processors allowing you to asign them anyway you want.  See the screen shots of MidiWorks where I save a style as a MIDI file and opened it in MidiWorks. The multieditor (Piano Roll is set to FREE which is low resolution. It it is set to 1/16 there will be more detail.  Also the Piano roll can be stretched horizontally to as wide as you monitor screen allows.

Joe H

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 11:49:32 AM by Joe H »

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2018, 09:25:31 PM »
Hi Joe ,

All looks great and not difficult to get around.
The only thing  is that I would like the piano roll two types of grey darkened  and red and blue sharpened as when scrolling or playing the lines seem slightly blurry. Same as the grid on your photograph. This happens until you get accustomed to It. Or I'm getting old.!!
I am getting new glasses next week, but is there any way to bring the grid lines or background definition up a little or into sharper focus.
Otherwise the program Is 100%

All the best
John :)

Hope Swindon Town beat Exeter today!!!  Come on you Reds!!! ::) :P
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 09:31:13 PM by ugawoga »

Offline Joe H

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2018, 12:15:07 AM »
John,

Here's a couple more screen shots of the Piano Roll in StyleMagic showing the higher resolutions.

Joe H

Pino

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2018, 10:53:38 AM »
John,   forget about football, just do music,  :)

Offline ugawoga

Re: Style Magic for Genos.
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2018, 06:23:34 AM »
Ok Pino I have egg on my face!!! :-[

One question to all Style Magics.

I got far as choosing my channels from a midi file and happy with that so far.
Now I have to make sure that the Intro has a bar free before start or change that if not In the system editor..
Now I am having a go at putting the sections In and that guy on the video keeps saying sexy!! ;D. Must be the local lingo. :-\

The hard part is to make all In accordance with Cmaj 7 and I have got my head around the inversions part.

The thing In the instuction video that i am scratching my head slightly is when he lowers the C to a B In the last part.
Well after a think and a thunk It is because a C major 7th Is a semitone down which makes It a B.

Why not leave as a C and how much difference does that make.
I thought that a C was in compliance with C major 7th.
I am not a rocket scientist by no means and also not very good at predicting football scores as Pino points out, but we will hammer Morcambe friday!!!

Once I get my first  midi to style made, I will hopefully be away with It.
It Is just understanding why he lowered that C by a semitone to make things better In that last part. Also why does he build an alternative bass channel. A little confused in that area at the moment.
Have been delving more.
So the switch chord is why two bass channels have to be made .So am I right asuming that this is a variation on the type of chord your using automatically when played giving different bass notes for more detail
It is going to take a little time soaking this all in. Help!!! :P  I do get that all has to comes in line with C major 7 for proper keyboard use.
I thought It was all over after an Auto Casm!! ::) ;D.

All the best
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 08:32:38 PM by ugawoga »

Pino

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2018, 10:59:53 AM »
Re: I thought It was all over after an Auto Orgasm!!  :) ;)

John, your on the right track, ;)  don’t give up.

I’ve done the ‘Cubase’ thing and other Daw’s for many years but always find that when I play the song or style back on a Yamaha keyboard something is missing and the sparkle has gone and it take forever messing about with DSPs on the keyboard to get the style back to something acceptable.
Yamaha should produce some software here but they never will, they don’t want us to make styles,

I’ve worked with StyleMagic for a long time and it’s been excellent for moving, deleting and editing style parts and tuning styles, it does much more than what you could ever do on the keyboard.

I’m not with my pc and keyboard right now and your question is deeper than just editing
I would send an email to Thomas, he normally replies quickly and then post his reply here,

His User Manual is not always the easiest to follow.

Joe H is well experienced with StyleMagic, maybe he will chip in,

Pino

The following users thanked this post: ugawoga

Offline ugawoga

Re: Style Magic for Genos
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2018, 05:18:51 PM »
Hi Pino

I do hope Joe will chip In as I am a little confused with why the Thomas put the C down to a  B on the normal channels at the end.
Maybe It is an extra nuance to a song with 7ths.
The switch chord thing is going to take a little time to get In my head, but I understand It is to give some variation when triggering different types of chord.
I'm ok with Inversions, but If I buy a rail ticket to London, I do not want to end up In Carlisle or EXETER!!! :P :) ;)  On the Bassline!  not  Bakerloo!! :o ;D

All the best
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 05:20:07 PM by ugawoga »

Offline Joe H

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2018, 12:23:58 AM »
John,

I can't say too much about Yamaha's format.  My understanding is that the B is used for 7th chord Types.  If there is no B then when you play a left-hand chord, it will not sound correct.  Maybe one of the programmers here will weigh in on the subject.  You are not the first person who has had the experience on Bass line recordings.  The B will only sound when 7th chords are played.

BTW... I stopped making styles from MIDI files because while the concept sounds reasonable, song files do not have the right musical patterns for styles.  Styles are made up of short phrases called "Loops".  I have asked Thomas to add "Import MIDI Loop" in the Channels Manager screen.  We can convert Multi Pads and style parts to Loops using MixMaster. (this is done in the Clipper View).

The idea is to be able to load (Import) a loop in Channels Manager and drag it to an empty channel (in any Section you are working in) or if you want to replace a chord, Phrase, or Drum loop, you just drag  the current part to the trashcan and then drag the new loop to the style part you want it in.

This how its done in a DAW.  It would be a lot easier to do this in StyleMagic. Thomas either does not understand the concept or just isn't interested.  I can't say which is the case.

Joe H
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 12:36:57 AM by Joe H »

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2018, 07:02:16 PM »
Hi Joe

I got as far as getting things to CMajor 7th and this chart helps that part.
Next I have to do the Inversions to bring things in line and hope that is almost there
I know what you are saying with making styles from midi ,but you can also add your own things later to customize the style.
At least getting Intros and endings In would take some weight out of playing lots of songs as we all only have two hands and ten fingers unless you come out of Star Wars!!! Three eyes would also help!! :o :P.

I am taking this little steps at a time  and hope all gets faster and better.

All the best
john :)

« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 07:03:55 PM by ugawoga »

Offline Joe H

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2018, 11:40:07 PM »
John,

I've been trying to figure out haow to convert Intros in CMaj7 to C Minor scale.  Here's what I came up with.

Joe H