Author Topic: New software: IconFinder (Windows Dot.Net)  (Read 11356 times)

lacobo

New software: IconFinder (Windows Dot.Net)
« on: March 20, 2018, 03:59:34 AM »
As promised a few months ago: Here's the electronic version of the Genos-Icons PDF: Genos IconFinder. You can find all 414 available Icons at all 1579 positions. Search by category or S/T number or scroll through the entire list by using the arrows. IconFinder share's it's DNA with StyleFinder, the other application I wrote. IconFinder is written in Visual Studio Dot.Net 2017 and should run on Windows 7, 8 and 10. The download is attached to this message.

A big 'thank you' to my sponsor "Oostendorp-Muziek". Our joint venture makes it possible to offer this nice tool for free, while I get something in return for the many hours I've spent writing this tool.

Have fun!

B.R.
    Bert

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 04:51:05 AM by lacobo »

Offline zionip

Re: New software: IconFinder (Windows Dot.Net)
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 04:56:00 AM »
Hi Bert,

The Genos IconFinder program works great.

Thanks,
Paul

The following users thanked this post: pieterpan

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 06:58:29 AM »
Iacobo

I find StyleFinder very useful.   

Please forgive my ignorance . . . .

how do you use it IconFinder . . . ? what can you do with it . . . . ?

it might be helpful to write a brief description of the program and what it does .. . . . the description indicates that you can find icons ..... but then what . . . . .

thanks in advance.

thanks in advance.
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

lacobo

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 01:07:15 PM »
Hi Al,

There's a complete manual added to the downloadable zip File, explaining that Yamaha uses S an T codes to add an icon to a file name, and how to implement that manually. Please have a look at "The Genos Song" in the manual.
For instance "The Cat's Meow.S708.vce" brings up the picture of the cat in front of "The Cat's Meouw".

In a couple of weeks or months I will add a function to do this task into the IconFinder (which technically change it into an IconChanger).

B.R,
    Bert
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 03:24:54 PM by lacobo »

Offline alvinc

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 04:34:25 PM »
This tool will be very useful if someone intends to have beautiful icons for his files on keyboard.
Since we have to add the icon 'ID' to the file name to pop up the exact icon from keyboard. But YAMAHA does not tell us the ID for all available icons. So this tool will show you which ID matches which icon.
As we have hundreds of icons in Genos, developing this tool must be very time-consuming.
Alvin
PSR S670
Life is wrapped in beauty.

lacobo

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 04:52:27 PM »
Yes it was time-consuming, although I had done this earlier for the Tyros 4 and 5, so I could make (numerous) changes to the existing list.
For the programmers among us: It contains a Case-Select Case of almost 600 lines to stick the right picture to the various S and T codes!

Case "S000" : Iconnr = 0 'Drums with wrench
            Case "S001", "S002", "S003", "S004", "S005", "S012", "S013", "S923", "S924", "S925", "S926", "S927", "S930", "S936", "T213", "T228", "T542", "T543"
                Iconnr = 1 'Classic Piano
            Case "S006", "S007", "S008", "S009", "S937", "T017", "T234"
                Iconnr = 2 'Old Classic Piano
etc.

Bert.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 04:58:34 PM by lacobo »

Offline alvinc

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 04:59:52 PM »
Much appreciated, Bert. Great tool.
Alvin
PSR S670
Life is wrapped in beauty.

Antonio

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2018, 06:58:27 PM »
Great !!!!

Thank you

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2018, 01:20:55 AM »
Thanks a lot.

Have a great day.
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Tankdave

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2018, 02:04:35 AM »
I would also like to say thanks for this, its very nice to have.

Offline soryt

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2018, 08:16:50 AM »
It is a nice tool , but isnt it strange that al the icons are "on board"but you cant select them on the Genos ?
Why ?

Soryt
Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

lacobo

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2018, 10:20:21 PM »
Yamaha, it all it's wisdom decided that we only need 160 icons for our custom styles, voices and songs. Why is beyond me.

Bert.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2020, 10:57:01 PM »
Hi.

I have reviewed my list of icons for YEM-CE, because there was a bug (is, in current version) by selecting icons for certain instruments from instruments\genos folder of distribution foder of YEM. Now, I have parsed again those icons from YEM and these are ...

So, I have to ask one thing:

What means those letters in front of numbers? What means "S", What means "T", "C", "E" and so on?!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 11:21:52 PM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline dh110953

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2020, 03:21:56 PM »
Hi Bert, I could not see where to download your PDF on the icons and for the Genos. I don't have a Windows system, I am on a Mac Hope there is a simple PDF that shows what icon is what and what the code number is so I can check this against the style and make changes where needed.

Thanks

David
Now have a CVP 809 as my wife plays Piano but not Keyboard - I had to PX a Genos to buy it, Also have an SX700 - I did previously own a Tyros.

Offline overover

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2020, 09:21:23 PM »
Hi Bert, I could not see where to download your PDF on the icons and for the Genos. I don't have a Windows system, I am on a Mac Hope there is a simple PDF that shows what icon is what and what the code number is so I can check this against the style and make changes where needed.

Thanks

David

Hi David,

I just created a PDF on the Genos Icons for you (based on 12 screenshots taken from Bert's "Genos Icon Finder V1.0"):
>>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/vs3eq1z6y6oqivz/Genos%20Icons.zip?dl=0

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 05:35:55 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Runner4Fun, dh110953, balcino, anex

Offline johan

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2020, 05:03:47 PM »
Thank you, Bert, for this nice software!

Note that you can also use the midiplayer of Michael Bedesem (https://psrtutorial.com/MB/midiplayer.html) to replace the icon of midis, styles, voices and multipads. You can for instance open a style file, click on the “Icons” button, choose an icon, click on “OK” and then save your file (filename will then automatically include the corresponding Sxxx or Txxx). The only thing is that the icons are not completely up-to-date but most still work fine on my SX700. The program uses a text file called “IconList.dat” so I think one could easily update the icon list used by the midiplayer.

Like Vali, I also wonder if there is a meaning of the characters “S” and “T”?
SX700 and S670
Former keyboard: E433, E463

lacobo

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2020, 07:46:01 PM »
Your welcome. Yamaha started using this S and T coding quite a few keyboards ago. The PSR2000 (a 2001 keyboard) had them already.
It's a neat trick from Yamaha to attach a code to a filename to show up baked-in icons. Why using S and T? I have no idea.
The PDF is still there to download: http://lacobo.com/Genos-Icons.pdf, but for Windows users there's a better alternative, Iconfinder (see first post in this thread).

B.R.
  Bert

Offline ckobu

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2021, 01:52:17 PM »
This is a short video explaining how to add icons.
Thanks @lacobo production and @Oostenorf Music for the Icon Finder app and PDF document.

https://youtu.be/dshIzeAkR-Q
(eng. subtitle)
Watch my video channel

Offline soryt

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2021, 12:50:37 PM »
its idiot that you cant select them from menu , they all "on board"  :'( :'(
Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

Offline lacobo

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2024, 08:56:19 AM »
Have picked up my Genos2 saturday, soon I will start working on Stylefinder again to add a Genos2 mode with the new style list. I'll add a switch to select Genos or Genos2. The icons will have an update too, but there are only ~60 more icons in the G2 vs the G, so nothing to write home about  ;D

Offline valimaties

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2024, 09:28:07 AM »
Have picked up my Genos2 saturday, soon I will start working on Stylefinder again to add a Genos2 mode with the new style list. I'll add a switch to select Genos or Genos2. The icons will have an update too, but there are only ~60 more icons in the G2 vs the G, so nothing to write home about  ;D

I've also saw that... G2 uses most of the G1 icons. Only some of them are changed to a new desing.

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline overover

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2024, 07:53:06 PM »

Welcome back to the forum, Bert!

I am very pleased that you are adapting your programs to Genos2. :)

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline lacobo

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2024, 06:38:20 PM »
Thanks Chris. The last ~ 4 to 5 years I've hardly played a key on the Genos. I was completely consumed by my video-hobby: Recording musicals, dance-shows and choirs with up 10 camera's. Now I finally have the speed in (multicam) video-editing to pick up the keyboard-hobby where I left it. And what better way to do this on a Genos2. About my utilities: I'll start with the IconFinder, because that shouldn't take up a huge amount of time, after that the StyleFinder will get an upgrade.

Bert.

The following users thanked this post: Flatlinersholger