Tyros Keyboards (5 Boards) > Tyros 4 (SFF2)

Has anyone had Success with Yamaha's Bluetooth MD-BT01 or UD-BT01?

<< < (2/2)

frozzers:
Hi John

To play more than one page of music, have you not thought about using a bluetooth foot pedal to turn the page(s) on the Surface Book?

I've got one of these which works really well.:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MUUDHFF/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm still not sure about your USB requirement for MobileSheets by the way.

Cheers

Chris

jblyth:
HI Chris,

I do already use a Bluetooth Airturn dual peddle, but thanks for the thought.

My requirements for MobileSheets USB is to be able to send MIDI codes to my Tyros 4 to select the correct Registry Bank and Registry Memory for the particular song about to be played. It work wonderfully well - as long as I have a USB connection.

Now to my new Yamaha UD-BT01 Bluetooth midi device......

Sadly to date I haven't been able to get it to work with my Surface Book 2. It says connected, but no midi interfaces appear to be available.

I tried with my Nexus 9 Tablet, which appeared to connect "better", but doesn't work either as no midi device is detected with MIDI Scope.

I am now waiting for Yamaha to get back to me with some help.

Cheers
John

jblyth:
Hi Chris,

Which MIDI ports (A or B) do you plug your MDBT01 into?

Have you been able to get MobileSheets to change registrations for you?

What do you use the MDBT01 for?

I have sort of got the UD-BT01, but only by using LoopMIDI and Midiberry, which isn't very convenient. It doesn't work with MobileSheets as yet....

Many thanks for your assistance,
John

jblyth:
UPDATE!!!!!

Well, I have got the UD-BT01 to work with MobileSheets WITHOUT needing any additional apps running. This is because MobileSheets is smart enough to recognise that Bluetooth USB ports. Other programs such as Notation Composer don't seem to pick up the midi port though. A fix for that is the LoopMIDI and MIDIberry program/apps.

I am returning the UD-BT01 and replacing it with the direct plugin to the midi port on the keyboard one, the MD-BT01. This is because I found that the UD-BT01 only gives ONE midi port, and not the two, as the Tyros 4 has.

I will pug the MD-BT01 into midi B on the Tyros, and in that way everything will work nicely and I won't have to make unwanted changes to my Midi A settings.

And so we learn more.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version