Author Topic: OTS to link Multi Pads to Styles  (Read 5298 times)

Gordon1949

OTS to link Multi Pads to Styles
« on: March 19, 2018, 04:27:54 AM »
I have been trying to link multi-pads to styles using the One Touch function; however, it seems that I can only create 4 One Touch Settings.  Since I use many styles on the Genos, four are not enough. Is there any way to store One Touch Settings in a file folder so that when you choose the style in the folder, it would automatically bring the multi pad with it?

As an alternative, when I try to save a Registration with a style and multi pad, it saves the style but not the accompanying multi pad so, unless I am doing something wrong, the One Touch Setting is useless.  Please help.

Offline panos

Re: OTS to link Multi Pads to Styles
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 08:26:34 AM »
The multipad can be saved in both OTS and Registration.
I have a different model but when you press to save the OTS a pop up window may appear asking you if you wish to save jsut the voice with the OTs or the multipad,or the style or whatever and you check the V symbol there.
I hope these video will help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_snmLZibk4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjS6uW-YCCs&t=755s

How registrations work on every Yamaha keyboard
https://psrtutorial.com/lessons/playing/regist/index.html
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 08:31:42 AM by panos »

Offline Joe H

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 09:41:09 AM »
You can save a Left and Right hand Voices and Multi Pads in each registration button.

As an alternative you could create 2 versions of a style.  Style A would have 4 OTS, and Style B could have a different set of OTS.  Memorize them in registrations.

Joe H
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 09:46:28 AM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 09:45:11 AM »
You can save a Left and Right hand Voices and Multi Pads in each registration button.

Remember, to save the Left voice, the Style box must be checked.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Gordon1949

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 10:56:52 AM »
Thanks for the replies, but I tried saving a style with the multi pad to a registration, but the multi pad doesn’t hold to that registration. In other words, if I save a bossa nova style and bossa nova multi pad to registration 1, and a rock style and rock multi pad to registration 2, the multi pads do not stay with the registrations so I would have to go into the multi pad files each time I change a style.  At a gig, choosing a style and tempo is one thing, but having to then look for a matching multi pad wastes too much time between songs. I was able to link a style and matching multi pad to an OTS, but there are only 4 OTS buttons so that severely limits me when I use many different styles.  Can OTS banks somehow be created like you can do with registrations?

Gordon1949

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 11:37:38 AM »
I think I solved the problem. I accidently hit the memory button and saw that multi pads wasn’t checked. When I checked it, then I was able to link the style with the multi pad. I had been confusing the Registration Memory screen with the Registration Freeze screen.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2018, 11:38:21 AM »
Thanks for the replies, but I tried saving a style with the multi pad to a registration, but the multi pad doesn’t hold to that registration. In other words, if I save a bossa nova style and bossa nova multi pad to registration 1, and a rock style and rock multi pad to registration 2, the multi pads do not stay with the registrations so I would have to go into the multi pad files each time I change a style.  At a gig, choosing a style and tempo is one thing, but having to then look for a matching multi pad wastes too much time between songs. I was able to link a style and matching multi pad to an OTS, but there are only 4 OTS buttons so that severely limits me when I use many different styles.  Can OTS banks somehow be created like you can do with registrations?

This does work, Gordon. You just have to do it properly.

After you press the Memory button, look at the screen. To save a multipad as part of your registration, you must ensure that the MultiPad box is checked. That's all it takes.

Hope this helps,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Gordon1949

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2018, 12:50:04 PM »
Thanks Fred. You were absolutely correct. Once I checked the multi pads on the memory screen, I was able to link the styles with the multi pads.  I have had many keyboards, and the Genos is the best of them all. Vocal harmonies are the best I have ever heard, and the sounds and styles are phenomenal especially now that I can add multi pads.