Genos (12 Boards) > Genos - General

Odd command "Copy Here"

<< < (2/6) > >>

Antonio:
Totally agree, Reya! The big keyboard is all to be discovered !
Regards

markstyles:
I absolutely HATE when a manufactor or software writer decides they are going to ignore the usual conventions or terminology used for decades by everyone, just so they can be clever or different..  No it's not that big of an issue.. But suppose car company decided they were going to move the gas, brake, clutch, shifter to a different place just so they could be 'different'.. 

I think it's a sign of ignorance and arrogance on the part of the new generation of software designer..  I've seen this creeping into music software too.. Ignoring decades of a well designed procedure or terminology just to be NEW and different.

Lee Batchelor:
Well said, Mark...It's a simple OS change. Yamaha could easily go in and change the wording "Copy here" to "Paste."

Yamaha, we want this fixed and stop trying to reinvent the wheel!!

Fred Smith:

--- Quote from: markstyles on March 21, 2018, 09:22:15 PM ---I absolutely HATE when a manufactor or software writer decides they are going to ignore the usual conventions or terminology used for decades by everyone, just so they can be clever or different..  No it's not that big of an issue.. But suppose car company decided they were going to move the gas, brake, clutch, shifter to a different place just so they could be 'different'.. 

I think it's a sign of ignorance and arrogance on the part of the new generation of software designer..  I've seen this creeping into music software too.. Ignoring decades of a well designed procedure or terminology just to be NEW and different.

--- End quote ---

To be more accurate, this is old, not new, and it’s the result of lazy programming.

WordPerfect for DOS never had a Save command, it was always Save As. It took Microsoft to teach them how to implement a Save command in Windows.

It’s not ignorance, it is partly arrogance, but it’s mostly laziness.

Fred

jwyvern:

--- Quote from: Lee Batchelor on March 21, 2018, 10:02:22 PM ---Well said, Mark...It's a simple OS change. Yamaha could easily go in and change the wording "Copy here" to "Paste."

Yamaha, we want this fixed and stop trying to reinvent the wheel!!

--- End quote ---

If we are going to plead with Yamaha let's make sure it's to do something practical and useful. They could easily change the name but we would still have the 6 awkward steps to save a registration bank when most of the time only 1, possibly 2 are necessary.
Having a "Tap" screen which does not always register,  for so many operations which force you to move to different screen positions is so disruptive and the operation was almost faster using the old system of buttons on Tyros!
Why do I need to tap File to get to a Save icon?
If I have already tapped Save, why do I need to tap Save Here, it's redundant. In the rare case I want to save somewhere else I'll navigate to it first.
And why am I continually stopped and have to say "I'm Sure". I would really love an option to disable that, especially for saves.

From some of the menu systems provided it still seems that Programmers do not give priority  to streamlining the workflow and are permitted to get away with putting in gratuitous steps which detract from the otherwise professional nature of the keyboard.
John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version