Genos (12 Boards) > Genos - General

Odd command "Copy Here"

<< < (6/6)

pjd:

--- Quote from: Kaarlo von Freymann on April 07, 2018, 04:13:08 AM ---How right you are. It's been creeping on for the last two decades EVERYWHERE. You cant find the basket in the internet shop, you can't find the phone number.......My  18 year old Range Rover  and 28 year old Mercedes 350 SL  have the lever for the blinkers on opposite sides of the steering wheel.  I  still make mistakes sometimes, and it could result in a fatal accident.

--- End quote ---

Amen, Kaarlo. I've just returned from South Africa and driving on the left side of the road. (I live in the US and drive right.) I drove a Toyota Corolla in SA as well as driving a Corolla at home. Everything made sense with the wheel on the right hand side, etc. EXCEPT Toyota swapped the turn signal and wiper controls on the steering column. Every time I went to signal a direction change, I cleaned the dust from the windscreen. Arrrrggggghhh!

All the best -- pj

Kaarlo von Freymann:

--- Quote from: pjd on April 07, 2018, 11:31:11 PM --- I drove a Toyota  Every time I went to signal a direction change, I cleaned the dust from the windscreen. Arrrrggggghhh!

All the best -- pj

--- End quote ---

Hi pj, EXACTLY that happens to me,  but I have been told, I think it was Gunnar,  GOING SOUTH  in the US means going in the wrong direction, so going to South Africa was a mistake right from the start.  :) 
But as much as I agree in principle developers should use standardized terminology I must say it has not been difficult to get used to the Genos terminology. After a while we do things automatically. It is amusing when I now go to the Tyros 5/6 I still have, I start poking the screen. ;D and am surprised nothing happens.  I still have the YAMAHA 5700 and for that I must find the manual in order to use it. A lot of  posters mention they have other brands besides YAMAHA. If they can gig on different keyboards they must be related to  chess players.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blindfold_chess

Cheers

Kaarlo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version