Author Topic: internet  (Read 3811 times)

davfra

internet
« on: August 27, 2018, 01:29:19 PM »
Could someone please tell me what I need to connect my PSR3000 to the internet?
David

Offline Robert van Weersch

Re: internet
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 06:38:23 AM »
Apart from the physical connection, I don't think this will work. What I remember from a friend's PSR-3000, is that it connected to the "internet" through a Yamaha service and as far as I know that service has ended in 2016.
---
Yamaha Tyros 5 76
Korg Liverpool (microArranger)

davfra

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 07:13:52 PM »
YEs - Sorry about the confusion. What t I meant to ask was connecting to software, such as Band in a Box. It's been many years since I used my keyboard hence my lack of knowledge.  At the moment the psr connects to a program called Emedia, but not to Band in a Box.
Thanks for you efforts anyway.
David

Offline Robert van Weersch

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 06:22:38 AM »
Ok, quite the difference, "the internet" or "Band in a Box" :)
The PSR-3000 supports MIDI-in and -out, so you should be able to use it from every program which uses MIDI. You'll need to install the USB MIDI driver from the Yamaha website. But since you are already using the PSR with "Emedia" (don't know it), it seems that MIDI communication is already working.
---
Yamaha Tyros 5 76
Korg Liverpool (microArranger)

Offline AlBags

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 11:56:37 PM »

Probably cost-prohibitive in the end.

Any system/hardware capable of browsing the WWW is always going to be open to malicious software, attacks, to the Operating System without suitable firewall/software to block them.
If a device can call out, it can usually be hacked/addresses from outside source.
If malicious code is installed, it could possibly infect other devices whan they are connected.

Al
😊  I started out with nothing .. and I've got most of it left!  😊

🎹 Tyros 5-76,  now the brilliant Genos 🎹
Genelec 8030C Studio Monitors on K&M stands
K&M Spider Pro Stand, K&M Accessories. I love K&M!