Author Topic: Style file request  (Read 8862 times)

AnupamEnosh

Style file request
« on: March 15, 2018, 01:57:23 AM »
I do not know whether this is a valid request on forum, or not, but I need the style file from https://youtu.be/H9JMvHQWS6c (PSR I455) to load it on my PSR E453. If someone out there could recognize that, and upload the file in the comments, please help me.
Furthermore, both keyboards are pretty different, what else do I need to do for making the style work on my E453, as both the KBs have Indian percussion kits ?
If mods find this post unfit for forum then please delete it.  :)

SeaGtGruff

Re: Style file request
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 02:17:07 AM »
Do you know which style he is using? Is it a Preset Style, or a style file that he loaded to a User Style?

If it's a Preset Style then it might not be so easy to extract to a style file, since the only way I know to do that is to record both of the style's Intro variations, Main variations, Fill-In variations, and Ending variations to two User Songs, save the two User Songs to two SMFs (standard MIDI files), and use a program such as midi2style to create a style file from the two SMFs. [EDIT: I said "it might not be so easy to extract," but it's actually not very difficult.]

Then again, if it's a Preset Style then there's a chance that it's already on the PSR-E453, unless it's one that was unique to the PSR-I455.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 02:18:57 AM by SeaGtGruff »

AnupamEnosh

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 02:44:15 AM »
It is a factory loaded preset INDIAN style, that is exclusive for I455, and I am **** sure about that. On E453, only three Indian Styles are present, which were originated from I425/455, but sadly those three styles cannot be used in most of the Indian songs, this limitation has been intentionally done to keep up the sales of I455. And atleast I need that specific style for performances which could not be covered with western styles.

AnupamEnosh

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 03:03:57 AM »
Another thing, regarding which I am concerned, is that last week I tried to load five free styles of PSR I455 provided on musicsoft website on my E453, and NONE OF THEM PRODUCED ANY SOUND! So as much I'm informed, I455 and E453 are lot different keyboards, and even their voices/styles/songs are arranged in different ways on the KB. STYLE files might be similar in some cases, depending on the number of sections, but if it uses the Voices of the keyboard, then it might NEVER produce any sound after loading it on E453; especially with this style I noticed that all voices/Percussions, except the SITAR voice are present on both I455 & E453. but the placement of the values is different on both keyboards, e.g. the I455 boots up with Indian voices like Harmonium, sitar etc, while all E series keyboards start with Pianos. So I am confused whether this is going to work or not.
This style is most probably one from this list in the screenshot.

[attachment deleted by admin]

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 03:09:44 AM »
Well, if you can find out which specific style it is, and can find someone with a PSR-I455 who is willing to record it to two User Songs and convert them to SMFs, it should be possible to create a style file from the SMFs. :)

Regarding the free style files, I think I may have downloaded them also, but I haven't tried to use them yet. I'll take a look at them and see if I can figure out why they don't play anything on the PSR-E453.

Offline panos

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 03:21:11 AM »
It is a waltz from the Indian pack,I think.
Listen the intro 2 of the attached style.
I don't know if you need an extra(premium) drum kit to play exactly the same.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 03:37:18 AM by panos »

AnupamEnosh

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 03:27:17 AM »
Thanks for the file. I assume this one is not compatible with E453, because you said it has two intros ? From where did you get this style ? 🤔

Offline panos

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 03:33:14 AM »
It is from Yamaha's premium Indian Pack (yamaha musicsoft pack)
It has 3 intros and I can see that for channel 1(rythm 1) an extra drumkit is needed
that I don't have it installed to my keyboard right now because I can have only one pack installed at a time.Lαck of memory on s750  compare to s770-s775.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 03:34:54 AM by panos »

AnupamEnosh

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2018, 03:43:34 AM »
I guess you got the right style file, and if you see the list of styles I posted in my previous reply, there is a IndyWlz1 in 8th column, it is the same. Anyways, can this be converted to work with E453 ? Can anyone do it for me ? Please watch the youtube video linked in my main post, and if possible, keep the intro and outro in the same way, as shown in the video, It will help me a lot :)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 03:47:29 AM by AnupamEnosh »

AnupamEnosh

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2018, 03:46:40 AM »
I can see that for channel 1(rythm 1) an extra drumkit is needed
There are two Indian Kits present on PSR E453, so I hope it might be possible to set it in those parameters

Offline panos

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2018, 04:09:27 AM »
Sorry I don't know about conversions for other models because I cannot test the result.
E453 is a new keyboard doesn't it use the same Sff2 format?
I guess it cannot play all 3 intros-3 endings and 4 Mains.

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2018, 06:38:10 AM »
I'll take a look at it and see what I can do. I have the PSR-EW400, so if I can get it converted and working for the PSR-EW400 then it will work on the PSR-E453.

The PSR-E models can play styles with 2 variations, A and B-- Intro A or Intro B, Main A and Main B, Fill In A and Fill In B, and Ending A or Ending B. I say "or" for the Intro and Ending since you cannot play both. Well, you actually can play both Ending variations, but not all the way through-- e.g., start Ending A, then before it finishes switch variations which will play Fill In B and Main B, then switch back to the Ending which will play Ending B.

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2018, 02:06:32 PM »
Okay, here's a brief update. As I thought, I had indeed downloaded the five free styles that Yamaha MusicSoft had made available for the PSR-I455.

I haven't loaded any of them into my PSR-ERW400 yet and tried to play them, but I did look at the first style ("BhajanN," or "Bhajan NEW_3") in MixMaster to see the voices used.

One of the voices is for a special drum kit on the PSR-I455 (Voice Number 017, "Tabla Kit 2") which isn't included on the PSR-E models, which might be why the style won't play on the PSR-E453.

Two of the other voices do not even exist on the PSR-I455 (000-127-116 and 000-064-051), but I think they might be defaulting to GM1 voices ("TaikoDrum" and "SynthStrings2," respectively) when the style file is played on the PSR-I455. If that's the case, then they would probably also default to GM1 voices on the PSR-E453, and it would be a simple matter to just change their Bank Select LSB values to 0 so they explicitly select the GM1 voices.

However, adjusting the style file for the missing tabla kit is going to be more difficult, because I'll need to check every Note event on that channel to see which sounds are being played from the "Tabla Kit 2" voice, then see if equivalent or nearly equivalent sounds can be used from one of the available drum kits.

If I can get the "Bhajan NEW_3" style to work for my PSR-EW400, I'll post it for you, then check the other four free styles.

AnupamEnosh

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2018, 04:17:45 PM »
Sir, the SouthN style included in that pack works for Drums/Bass/Pad parts, but rest of the sections are muted on PSR E453, furthermore it sounds weird enough, that it cannot be used in any song right now, on accomp mode. Thanks for looking after those free styles, but it would have helped me much more if you could convert the IndyWlz style for me, as it is pretty much more usable for me than those five free styles for I455. This is pretty much a similar experience as I loaded the five free mexican styles for E453, out of which only two have been suitable for the kind of music I play  :)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 04:23:19 PM by AnupamEnosh »

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2018, 06:17:58 PM »
Where are the IndyWlz1 and IndyWlz2 styles from? Are they from one of the Indian packs that Yamaha posted for free for other models?

Offline panos

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2018, 07:52:08 PM »
It is from Indian expansion pack for s650, Michael.That is where I found it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJHjPn6k5EY

The style our friend AnupamEnosh is looking for is the IndyWlz1 I have uploaded above.
I don't know if it is in another model also as a preset style.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 07:54:17 PM by panos »

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2018, 07:57:53 PM »
Okay, I missed the link before but I have it now.

I did see a couple of things in the five free styles for the PSR-I455 that looked odd, so I'll continue to check those out as well.