Genos (12 Boards) > Genos - General

What does your music studio look like?

(1/9) > >>

Tyros5Mad:
I would be interested to know how people have set up their music studio. Here's what I did.

I live in a tiny cottage with 2 bedrooms a lounge room, kitchen and bathroom. My 2nd bedroom is completely taken up by my online motor racing system so that only leaves the lounge room.

My goal was to set up a rolling platform with the whole "studio" mounted on it so that I can roll it out of the way when I am not using it. I have achieved that as you can see from the pictures.

1. I have a flat trolley with nice big easy rolling wheels.
2. Sitting on that I have an Ultimate AX48 Pro keyboard stand.It has two tiers and a place on top of it to mount a boom with a microphone.
3. Also on the trolley I have my Yamaha Stagepas 300 Mini PA system. The mixer attaches to one of the speakers.
4. On the lower tier I have the Genos Keyboard
5. I use a Sessions MH510 headphone set
6. On the top tier I have placed a wooden board
7. This holds my my laptop and TC Helicon Perform VK
8. I use an Audio Technica 2100 dynamic mike attached to the boom.

I have another desktop computer which you can see on the left. It is connected to a TV screen and I mostly use that when working with software. I connect it to the keyboard with a standard USB printer cable.

When I don't use the setup, I can just disconnect the power and roll it out of the way.

Regards,
Richard

Pianoman:
Hello Richard.

It would be nice if you could take another picture from a longer distance,
so we can see the whole set up, wheels included.

Best Regards.
Pianoman.

Tyros5Mad:
Okay how about this one?

Regards,
Richard

[attachment deleted by admin]

Toril S:
Hi Richard! Very neat! The wheeled studio is a great idea.

My "studio" consists of the keyboard, a laptop, headphones and a Scarlett 2i2 Focusrite audio interface. When I make music, I set the keyboard on my dinner table, and there the "studio" stays until I have guests. Then all is put away  :) I wish for an extra room to make a studio. I have many hobbies that take space, but you gave me some inspiration now. All the best, Toril S

jgriffin:
Two years ago I bought a house that has a very nice area for my keyboard set-up.  On the other side of the Music Book cabinets is our "den area" with tv so I play alot with ear-phones!
For a change I'm not playing out anywhere now so all my keyboards are here at home.  My new Genos is upstairs in the grandchildrens guest bedroom.  My pride and joy Yamaha baby grand is sitting pompously by the front door.  She's been thru lots of ups and down with me but has finally found a home she loves and the acoustics are great in this area.

I have a custom made music stand on the Tyros 5-76 and custom supports under the Genos stand to raise it up.  I like to "lean" on a barstool when I play in an almost standing position.
All I had to do to get these made was to fix a big pot of chili for payback!

You cannot see them in the picture but I have two Bose Compacts (bought from Don M) set up at either end of the "studio" area. When I sit at my round table to work I can also see the tv - the best of both worlds. I feel very blessed to have found this place and the only drawback is that I have to keep working full time to pay for it!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version