Tyros Keyboards (5 Boards) > Tyros 4 (SFF2)

M-Audio Midi connection to PC

(1/3) > >>

meyrick:
Hi All
Can anyone tell me if an M-Audio Midi connection to the PC will work if plugged into the 'B' in and out Midi ports on the Tyros 4. Sorry if it is an obvious, but I am dumb as far as Midi is concerned.
My grand-daughter want to learn to play, but teachers are few and far between where we live in the sticks. I have 2 DVD + CD Tutorial midi interface programs which will at least get her started. Although I play myself, I am by no means a teacher, but I help in some ways.
Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks
meyrick

SeaGtGruff:
If both keyboards are plugged into the computer, it will work-- you can use software to route the MIDI from one to the other.

meyrick:
Thanks for that Michael.
As you rightly assume, there are two keyboards, but as one, that is, the NP31, is plugged into the 'A' in on the Tyros. This only leaves the two 'B' IN & OUT on  the Tyros free, with the IN on the NP31. This means both keyboards cannot be connected to the PC as you suggest.

I don't see any damage being done if I do connect the Tyros, which is what I am worried about. So, I think it is a case of plug it in and try.
If you see a big cloud of smoke, its not the little rocket man this time around

Many thanks
Graham

SeaGtGruff:
Actually, when I said "both keyboards" I meant the M-Audio and the Tyros; I didn't realize there was a third keyboard involved.

If the M-Audio has USB-MIDI but no MIDI DIN ports, then you can connect both the M-Audio and the Tyros to the computer and route the MIDI from the M-Audio to the Tyros. If I'm not mistaken, the Tyros has a USB connection, so you should be able to connect the Tyros to the computer via USB-MIDI.

What operating system is the computer, and what MIDI software are you using?

meyrick:
I think we are at cross purposes, Michael. Just to be clear, there are not three keyboards. I'm not even sure the Tyros 4 would drive two other keyboards.
However, as I said, me and Midi are poles apart. The M-Audio I refer to consists of 2 Midi plugs, one in, one our and a USB connection to the computer, I think its called a Midiport.
The computer is an ancient Microsoft 16 bit, on which I was intent on running the 'Musicalis Interactive Piano course' CD
This is essentially why I am worried about the connection to the Tyros. I don't think it will be a problem, but I don't want to do costly damage.

Regards
Graham

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version